Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions by CO for Phone interview!

Default Questions by CO for Phone interview!

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me?

Has anyone had a phone interview under a SMC application with an onshore job?

I have looked in the threads and alot of the questions are for people applying without jobs or from out of nz.

However i have been working at a reputed company for a while as an ICT support officer and CO informed that they want to have a phone interview regarding my employment.

Can anyone give me a heads up to what kind of questions to expect?

Thanks!

The CO will be checking that your responsibilities in your job match the description of that job at ANZSCO.

If you enter here http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....0Version%201.2 the ANZSCO number you applied for SMC under, you will find you can click through to the job description. To satisfy INZ, your present job needs to match all the lines of that description (if possible). You can prepare for the interview by thinking through what you do in real life which is described in general terms there.

Default CO Phone Interview

Hello JandM,

I was rushed through the phone interview, don't think I nailed it. What do you suggest I do? Should I wait to hear back from the CO? If I'm through, how long does it take for them to get back to me? They did the interview on Thursday the 2nd of March.

Kind Regards,
    TK

What did they ask ?Was it tough to answer?

Yes, you just need to wait to hear from the CO. There's no way to tell how soon s/he will get back to you. S/He may have more paperwork to go through on your case before feeling s/he can make a decision, so you may still have quite a wait ahead of you. I know it's tough. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcyclwfreak View Post
    Hello JandM,

I was rushed through the phone interview, don't think I nailed it. What do you suggest I do? Should I wait to hear back from the CO? If I'm through, how long does it take for them to get back to me? They did the interview on Thursday the 2nd of March.

Kind Regards,
    TK

Can you please list the questions the CO may ask the applicant or the Employer?

What more documents can CO ask even after agreement, job description and other documents are already sent? Is there a process that the employer must take for the CO's satisfaction?

Thanks

You will have had to state an ANZSCO number for your job. On that ANZSCO page, there is a description of what someone in that career is expected to do. The CO's questions, both to employer and employee, will be to find out what exactly you do in your work that matches up with each line of the ANZSCO job description.

The CO also has to verify that the company is on a sound business footing, so if it is a firm that INZ have not previously looked at, the CO will want to ask the employer about their finances, future business plans, and employee records, all to make sure that a) the company is not about to go bust and leave you unemployed, and b) that they have a good record of keeping to NZ immigration and employment laws. Some employers get very twitchy about these questions, but they can be assured that INZ will keep the details confidential, and will not share their private business with you, their employee.

Depending on how the employer responds in the first place, the CO may require more evidence from them, but exactly what will vary with individual cases. The CO will state exactly what they need to see, if the matter arises.

hi jandm..

the questions from CO on job description is only for SMC category or also for essential skills work visa too?
    i have not yet applied for SMC.. but lodged essential skills on 2nd march..
    will i be getting a call from CO for ANZSCO check and my job description checks?

The kind of interview mentioned on this thread is for someone applying for Residence under SMC.

INZ officials have the power to question anyone about anything related to an application if that seems to them to be the best way of getting information they need, but it's not common to be interviewed when you're applying for an Essential Skills visa.

Great. Thanks a lot jandm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast