Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Security Check

I think what causes the big delays is that some foreign countries don't give a high priority to responding to INZ's queries.

hi JandM. Agree that can be the case. But I have only lived, study and worked in commonwealth countries Singapore, Malaysia, HK and UK. I Hope these countries have reasonable ties with NZ to respond reasonably fast. Like you said, if they only check those 'suspect' countries I would expect those to be HK and Malaysia at the moment. Hope they give some priority to nz!

5 weeks passed and CO emailed national security check still not ready. This getting very frustrating. What is other's experience like on such matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Elc View Post
    5 weeks passed and CO emailed national security check still not ready. This getting very frustrating. What is other's experience like on such matter?
    I guess for Chinese nationals it usually take 3 months i guess coz my partner is a chinese national and his nsc took 3 months and also his friends. But it really varies.
    Last edited by jamesking201lee; 20th December 2016 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Wrong wording

3 months is a long time!!!! They need to speed up the process.

'They need to...?' Who can do anything? When the NZ government asks some foreign government details about a person who used to work in that country, there's nothing NZ can do if the foreign government don't think that answering is very important, so they're not in any hurry. And you can see their point, because it isn't of any benefit to that foreign government.

U may be right JandM but understand my frustrations the fact that I have already been in NZ for over 2 yrs now and held a highly paid professional job with very high qualifications obtained from respectable UK universitites!!!
    Apparently was told by INZ that they can actually speed up the process only if it takes 'too long' to carry out the assessment. Making me wonder maybe it isn't just the foreign authorities.

"[I]and held a highly paid professional job with very high qualifications obtained from respectable UK universitites!!! [/I]

Didn't Osama Bin Laden have a similar profile?

Then why not check 2 years ago?

Its pointless to argue. Like jand says if u need residence then you have to wait. If immigration says jump then you do . There is nothing you can do. Good luck

I am waiting for CO for almost 5 months now. So you are in lot better situation..take it easy..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast