Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: National Security Check

Come on Elc, its not like what you are saying...

Every country has a right to check its people who are living in or planning to come in.

They have right to do National Security check and it can take as long as it is required and whenever they deemed it necessary. If you were file was not investigated earlier it does not mean that I will not be investigated again. Good thing is that atleast they are not doing your NSC without any reason they are doing your NSC because your applied for Residence Visa otherwise you know what happens in USA and other big countries that how agencies work for the security and safety of their country and without any notice they can even arrest.

I am also graduate from Highly respectable university of UK and presently working for GE Healthcare Pakistan which is a multi-million dollar American company and due to transfer in its Auckland office, so what should I do? I cannot do anything apart from respecting procedures of INZ.

I dont know why you are so frustrated, My case was going smooth when my case officer asked me to proceed with EWRB registration since I am an electrical engineer. It took me additional 5 weeks to get EWRB otherwise my case officer told me that she will only consider my application for JSV if I dont provide her EWRB. EWRB was never interested in quick process so I had to wait as per regulations of that department.

Suddenly and unfortunately, INZ officials asked me for character waiver as they were not satisfied with one of my reference letters, The assessment and finalization took 7 weeks before I was informed that character waiver has been granted.

In parallel to everything my National Security Check took atleast 6 weeks as well.

Now my interview is done on 11th January 2017 and I am waiting for outcome and hopes that everything goes fine....

We have to proceed and abide law of NZ government, INZ has no role in National Security Check, it is done by a third party (Another Security department of Government of New Zealand) which has full authority to scrutinize individual's profile as per government instructions and even your case officer will not know that what is the NSC progress, he/she can request humbly updated related to your NSC but cannot forcefully ask them to proceed quickly with your file because its not her/his domain..

Instead of annoying your case officer and my 1 year of experience with this immigration process and different support through this forum I would suggest you to wait and not to contact with your case officer regularly related to NSC because at point she/he will be saying by looking at your email NOT AGAIN and certainly you dont want do this with a person who is going to make a decision about your future stay in New Zealand
    Last edited by abs100; 13th January 2017 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elc View Post
    Then why not check 2 years ago?
    You just need to patiently wait. I know the feeling. My application is almost a year now and even if I want to complain I can't as they are the one deciding for my stay here. With what u said respectable qualification. I think all of us have our own respectable qualification that could bring contribution to this country. But the main rule of this game is "last man standing".

I spent 10 months on NSC, guys. 3 months is really not a big deal for our Chinese nationals, especially, I am over 40.

Some countries like china iran etc. how can NSC know that the person works in specific place or not? unless they have intelligence in that country being familiar with that person or follows him. Just curious to know!
    It seems anyway illogical that a person gets visa and live in NZ continuously and then while applying to residency go to that check

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur_zhu View Post
    I spent 10 months on NSC, guys. 3 months is really not a big deal for our Chinese nationals, especially, I am over 40.
    I know someone 15 months

If someone wants to do sth does he really need to go through these processes? That organization outside of NZ could easily hire someone to enter NZ with visa (person without any bad background or un checkable) to perform whatever they want! The nly scenario I believe they do is maybe someone has a plan to enter sensitive organs later which needs to be citizen with at least 10 years living in NZ in that case maybe justified!
    Anyway I believe this is done randomly to decrease number of persons given residency

Quote Originally Posted by Torki View Post
    Anyway I believe this is done randomly to decrease number of persons given residency
    This is extremely unlikely. If the National Security Check passes, that person will be granted a visa if they meet all other immigration instructions.

In my opinion, it is far more likely that this is done in order to ensure that the person is not caught by Section 16 of the Immigration Act and thus excluded from New Zealand. Unfortunately, some people and nationalities are of greater risk of being caught by Section 16 than others. That's just the world we live in nowadays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123