Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence applied as baker from supermarket

Default Residence applied as baker from supermarket

Hey guys,
    I have applied for my residence as a baker from countdown supermarket, while waiting for the decision from my case officer I'm getting a lot of rumours from people that inz won't grant residence from supermarkets, even though your tasks are matching 100% to the ANZSCO requirements. Could anyone clear the difference please?
    But in my case, the tasks mentioned in ANZSCO website, I'm doing all of them in my daily routine, moreover my employer is supportive and he has already replied back to the co....(just getting nervous while waiting for result).
    Another thing my case officer asked my employer to provide list of all ppl working for him plus their visa status..... but my employer denied to provide any details about his staff members saying it's privacy act and he is not allowed to give any details about his team to third party. Though he has mentioned in the reply that he has ** staff members working in total and ** staff members are visa holders.
    Can this thing have any bad impact on my outcome?
    I would really appreciate for your help.....
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse3627 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have applied for my residence as a baker from countdown supermarket, while waiting for the decision from my case officer I'm getting a lot of rumours from people that inz won't grant residence from supermarkets, even though your tasks are matching 100% to the ANZSCO requirements. Could anyone clear the difference please?
    But in my case, the tasks mentioned in ANZSCO website, I'm doing all of them in my daily routine, moreover my employer is supportive and he has already replied back to the co....(just getting nervous while waiting for result).
    Another thing my case officer asked my employer to provide list of all ppl working for him plus their visa status..... but my employer denied to provide any details about his staff members saying it's privacy act and he is not allowed to give any details about his team to third party. Though he has mentioned in the reply that he has ** staff members working in total and ** staff members are visa holders.
    Can this thing have any bad impact on my outcome?
    I would really appreciate for your help.....
    thanks in advance
    NO Its absolutely rubbish. I have seen many of my classmates getting residence from New world, PakNsave and countdown. The reason Your Co asked your boss about the employee visa status is to confirm how many people have got residence and working there. Many of my friends got same uestions from CO and their boss replied whatever they felt like. There is nothing to be worried about. Cool down atleast you have Co working on your case.

Absolutely.....
    Jayse just keep thinking positive...positivity will be on its way...
    And dont get worried about rumours...if u come across anyone saying smthing wierd...straight way ask him to prove that thing on INZ website.. lol

I agree with pinchu43. I don't know what gets into people, but as soon as they hear someone is applying for a visa, some of them seem to take pleasure in passing on all sorts of rumours and horror stories, as if they WANTED to make the applicant worry.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsharukh611 View Post
    NO Its absolutely rubbish. I have seen many of my classmates getting residence from New world, PakNsave and countdown. The reason Your Co asked your boss about the employee visa status is to confirm how many people have got residence and working there. Many of my friends got same uestions from CO and their boss replied whatever they felt like. There is nothing to be worried about. Cool down atleast you have Co working on your case.
    Hey bro thanks for reply, did your friends got approved recently? Yeah may be that's all my co officer want to confirm with my employer. ? Let's see what happens next now.... have you got any update from your side?

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Absolutely.....
    Jayse just keep thinking positive...positivity will be on its way...
    And dont get worried about rumours...if u come across anyone saying smthing wierd...straight way ask him to prove that thing on INZ website.. lol
    Hey pinchu, I'm trying to bro but it's hard TBH. Haha may be I think too much about it that's why it's making me feel worry about it..... yeah will do that next time .... but it's my department manager who is saying that quite frankly.... she told me that one of her friend is working in Hamilton immigration branch.... and she got told by her that the supermarkets are already been tighten up a lot no matter what there won't be any more residence approval's from there doesn't matter even you are working as an baker or supervisor or department manager.....
    in regards the title of manager and supervisor I'm very well aware that the tasks mentioned on ANZSCO, the dept. mgr DOES NOT perform all the required tasks but if we look on the same website for baker, all the bakers are required to do those tasks .....
    idk what's true or not but I'm so hoping that this waiting game be over soon and I can relax a bit

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I agree with pinchu43. I don't know what gets into people, but as soon as they hear someone is applying for a visa, some of them seem to take pleasure in passing on all sorts of rumours and horror stories, as if they WANTED to make the applicant worry.
    Hey JandM, it's even worst when you hear that kind of rumours from your department manager,,, but you still have to convince them like hopefully my file will get through without knowing what's gonna happen..... specially when there's long waiting period is going on and you can't assume it may be granted after one / 6 / 12 months.....

Hey pinchu, I'm trying to bro but it's hard TBH. Haha may be I think too much about it that's why it's making me feel worry about it..... yeah will do that next time .... but it's my department manager who is saying that quite frankly.... she told me that one of her friend is working in Hamilton immigration branch.... and she got told by her that the supermarkets are already been tighten up a lot no matter what there won't be any more residence approval's from there doesn't matter even you are working as an baker or supervisor or department manager.....
    in regards the title of manager and supervisor I'm very well aware that the tasks mentioned on ANZSCO, the dept. mgr DOES NOT perform all the required tasks but if we look on the same website for baker, all the bakers are required to do those tasks .....
    idk what's true or not but I'm so hoping that this waiting game be over soon and I can relax a bit
    Hi Jayne,
    I read your comments and I feel laughing at your department manager. Firstly, she is just a department manager NOT a immigration nz officer or whatever. There's a saying little knowledge is dangerous. She is undoubtedly right on some extent like it's tough for super markets titles like duty manager or supervisor or department manager as the thing is they do have to struggle to prove they do the job as retail manager BUT look at yourself, ur a baker and there's a BIG difference between baker and those department manager. In many cases still the department managers get their application approved and the likelihood of your Case being approved is pretty high, I would say.

I had couple of friends who resideny as department manager was declined as they will have very few authority in control of organization but I also know some whose application was passed easy as because they were working as baker. Sio stay positive mate. Don't listen to those people who knows very little or no knowledge at all.

You will get mentally disturbed if you listen to bulls**it's from people like #i heard blah blah blah

Please note good things takes time and things will go alright when right time comes
    Goodluck and best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by San11 View Post
    Hi Jayne,
    I read your comments and I feel laughing at your department manager. Firstly, she is just a department manager NOT a immigration nz officer or whatever. There's a saying little knowledge is dangerous. She is undoubtedly right on some extent like it's tough for super markets titles like duty manager or supervisor or department manager as the thing is they do have to struggle to prove they do the job as retail manager BUT look at yourself, ur a baker and there's a BIG difference between baker and those department manager. In many cases still the department managers get their application approved and the likelihood of your Case being approved is pretty high, I would say.

I had couple of friends who resideny as department manager was declined as they will have very few authority in control of organization but I also know some whose application was passed easy as because they were working as baker. Sio stay positive mate. Don't listen to those people who knows very little or no knowledge at all.

You will get mentally disturbed if you listen to bulls**it's from people like #i heard blah blah blah

Please note good things takes time and things will go alright when right time comes
    Goodluck and best wishes
    Hey San11, thanks for your reply, I feel quite a bit confident now that I shouldn't have listened to those rumours, yeah true said good things does take time.... and thanks for the wishes mate.... keep us updated with your application as well .... good luck to you as well ....

Hey San11, thanks for your reply, I feel quite a bit confident now that I shouldn't have listened to those rumours, yeah true said good things does take time.... and thanks for the wishes mate.... keep us updated with your application as well .... good luck to you as well ....
    I lodged mine at Oct 8 and so called acknowledgement letter states within 5 months for allocation but m preety much sure it will take 3 month + and less then 4 month. But NO RUSH. INZ can take as much as time they want because it's not just me applying. There are thousands of people out there waiting so it's not just us.

Anyways, I guess you will get decision before Christmas. If not, then again take this thing in a positive way thinking that you will get a 2017 new year present. Just forget about your application. Just think that if you meant to get it, then you will get if for suree, regardless when.

AnywaysKeep us updated too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast