Thread: Partnership Work Visa Approved!! In 6 Days from London NZ Embassay.

Thumbs up Partnership Work Visa Approved!! In 6 Days from London NZ Embassay.

Hi,

I have been on this forum many times to read through very useful information that help us apply partnership based work visa for my wife. I wanted to contribute back to forum by sharing our experience of the whole process.

Background:
    I am Irish citizen and have NZ residency based upon my Australian PR. My wife is Indian citizen and we have been married since March 2014. We both have been living together in Ireland since our marriage and now planning to move to New Zealand. My wife needs to apply for visitor, work or residency visa of New Zealand before we can travel.

After my research on NZ Immigration website(Definitely the best and user friendly site to navigate in my experience), She can apply for visitor or work visa but she is not eligible for NZ residency based upon partnership with me as my NZ residency is based upon Australian PR. I have to be living in NZ for her to be eligible for NZ residency. Thus, Once we move to NZ, she will be eligible for NZ residency.

We decided to apply for Partnership based Work visa for her with all the usual documents and checklists!! She got the work visa for 2 years in 6 days. That is just absolutely brilliant service from NZ embassy in London.

Documents:
    1) INZ 1146 and INZ 1198 form
    2) Cover letter from me and my wife explaining the interdependence on each other on financial, social, living, tax etc matters.
    3) Police clearance certificate for me (Ireland) and my wife(Ireland and India)
    4) Limited medical test for my wife (eMedical)
    5) My wife's Ireland visa and GNIB (Residency card) that was granted by Irish govt. based upon her marriage to me.
    6) We provided lots of documents covering living, finance, work, rent, medical insurance etc.
    a) Rent agreement and utility bills since May 2014.
    b) Joint bank account statement from Bank.
    c) Joint medical insurance
    d) Joint Tax credits from Ireland revenue dpt.
    e) Joint travel tickets and accommodations for our trip to UK
    f) Photographs of marriage, travel, social events with friends
    g) Employment verification letters
    h) Screenshot from facebook showing our timelines, comments from friends etc.

Note: Keep in mind that for Partnership based work visa for NZ partners, CO needs to establish that NZ residency holder is eligible to support the residency of partner once he/she becomes eligible. In my case, Once we move to NZ, She will be eligible straight away as we satisfy all the other conditions. Thus, We provided all the documents that we can to support her current work visa application and future residency application i.e. PCC, medical etc. So that, the only thing now left is to apply residency application where NZ immigration already had her details until work visa applications.

If I have to share one take away for others, that would be, medical test. Note, partners of NZ residency holder do not need full medical test always. Of course, there are if's and but's, in our case, my wife only needed to take limited medical test. This saves money and time as full medical was 375 Euro's and limited medical was 200 euro's in Ireland.

Link for more information on If's and but's on medical: http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/46507.htm

We are now all sorted in terms of visa's!! Very excited to start planning travel to NZ Q1 2017!!!

Once again, Thank you to forum for being source of very useful information!!! Have a nice day everyone.

Thanks

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.