Thread: Questions about EILTS and qualification.

Red face Questions about EILTS and qualification.

Hi there .my questions are two.
    First about the standard of english.
    With the new rules I will need to do the IELTS, but my doubt is if I can send the EOI and try to get done the IELTS after they invite if they do invite me.
    In the "Skilled Migrant Category questions and answers" it has this question and answer.
    I think I can meet the new points threshold, but I was planning to use my one year of skilled employment in New Zealand as evidence of meeting the English language requirement, so what do the changes to English language mean for me?
    If you are invited to apply, you will need to provide an English test if you do not meet any of the other new requirements. If you apply after 21 November, you can use one of the new tests. Your invitation to apply requires you to apply within four months, so you should make sure you organise your test soon after being invited.
    From this I understand that I can get done the IELTS after they invited me.

My second question is about qualification.
    What if my qualification is not relevant to my job offer?
    Once again I read this on internet.
    Example: The occupation of Brick Layer in ANZSCO indicates that at least three years of relevant work experience may substitute for a formal qualification.

The bricklayer may also have a recognised bachelor degree in English Literature (not relevant to his offer of employment as a bricklayer).

As long as the bricklayer can show satisfactory evidence of three years of work experience, then he or she can claim for the recognised Bachelor Degree.

I understand from here that you can claim points for qualification regardless your job offer.[for section F1 to F6]
    I understan aswell that you canot get bonus point because in that case the qualification has to be relevant to my job offer. for section F12 to F13

If anyone can explain me a bit more about this 2 question that will be great.
    thank you .

You seem to have found the important information and have understood correctly as far as you've gone.

Rather than just looking at the INZ website, have a look here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm for the detailed regulations about claiming points under every heading. SM6 has a chart, and the other sections show the requirements. On the subject of your non-relevant qualification, you should be able to claim as described in SM14, but not to get bonus points as mentioned in SM16.