Thread: Trevor _ Applying for Work Visa under partnership while Partner's Student Visa is in progress

Default Trevor _ Applying for Work Visa under partnership while Partner's Student Visa is in progress

Hi,

My wife and I are currently living in New Zealand under working holiday visa and it is gonna expire in January 2017.

My wife is preparing documents to apply for student visa (post grad level 8) for the school term opening in April 2017 (3 months from working holiday visa expiry date).

This means she will be probably granted for an interim visa after the current visa expired (i.e. Jan 2017) and before the student visa will be granted (i.e. Apr 2017).

Here is my question:

1/ As I want to stay in NZ with my wife, can I apply for work visa under partnership at the same time my wife applies for student visa?! What kind of visa will I get if my wife's visa is just an interim visa?! It's quite confusing for me.

2/ We are having a baby who is New Zealand born. What kind of visa and what should I do to apply visa for my baby?! Should I apply for the baby's visa together with my wife application?!

Many thanks,

Trevor,

1. If you apply for a partner-sponsored visa at the same time as your wife's student visa application, with a covering letter linking the applications, the whole thing will be dealt with as one case, so if she gets an interim visa, so will you. (In such a case, INZ supply things you don't know at the beginning, such as the visa number, as the information becomes available.)

2. Do you mean the baby is already born, or is your wife pregnant now?

Dear JandM,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

My daughter was born already. Should we enclose her application together with our application? And what type of visa will my daughter have?

Best regards,