Thread: Character Waiver Assessment is done by Case officer or some Other department

Default Character Waiver Assessment is done by Case officer or some Other department

Dear All,

From last few days I have been trying to search and really confused that which department proceed with character waiver assessment?

I have been told by my case officer that one of my referee did not replied back to immigration New Zealand with all details they have requested and they consider it as false or misleading information from my end.

Later, on three occassions I forwarded number to evidences to my case officer until she was satisfied and accepted them. She rejected my two evidences before accepting final proof that I am not misleading Immigration New Zealand and my ex-employer also did provide all of the related documents which immigration required in this regard.

case officer had prepared a report and sent it for character waiver. She later informed me that outcome of character waiver is expected by coming Monday or Tuesday...

She intimated me that if character waiver outcome is negative my residence visa application will be rejected as per Immigration NZ law.

Can anyone tell me that who is specifically responsible for Character waiver assessment?

As per my understand if I had not provided enough new evidence then my case officer she would not have sent my file for character waiver because she for sure cannot send something for waiver which is not as per Immigration Policy and law. She had scrutinized my evidences before proceeding further in writing her report and sending my file for character waiver.

JandM had already explained me alot of things, he also informed me that he has never seen any character waiver assessment with such situation.

I request all other senior members on this forum to kindly provide me advice if they have seen such kind of situation before on this forum or came to know about it.

Truth is this outcome wait is really killing me although I am very positive that I had satisfied my case officer and she will fight for my case under immigration rules but still I am just too worried.
    Last edited by abs100; 17th December 2016 at 06:24 AM.