Thread: NZQA and IPENZ

Unhappy NZQA and IPENZ

I have passed NZQA with level 7 with full description of my bachelor degree as computer and communication engineer , my paper had been lodged 3 weeks ago , what is the percentage that the CO will ask for IPENZ ? is it a must or depends on the CO ?

I applied as ICT project manager
    Last edited by raouf; 18th December 2016 at 02:20 AM.

Raouf:

It totally depend on your vocation if you are claiming bonus points. What is your vocation?

you can check if your qualification is under Long term or Immediate shortage category:

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...901.1481680462

Does it require you to have washington accord degree? If you have washington accord degree, then you will be alright.
    If not, you will have to go through IPENZ KA02 (you will not pass KA01 if you don't have a washington accord qualification).

I received email from CO asking for IPENZ letter which is basically KA02. I see it as a positive thing because if you pass KA02, you will have the assessment recored in IPENZ system and you will be qualified to become Chartered Professional Engineer in future. I mean, you will have to pass knowledge assessment for CPEng anway...

let me know if you have more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenAlly View Post
    Raouf:

It totally depend on your vocation if you are claiming bonus points. What is your vocation?

you can check if your qualification is under Long term or Immediate shortage category:

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...901.1481680462

Does it require you to have washington accord degree? If you have washington accord degree, then you will be alright.
    If not, you will have to go through IPENZ KA02 (you will not pass KA01 if you don't have a washington accord qualification).

I received email from CO asking for IPENZ letter which is basically KA02. I see it as a positive thing because if you pass KA02, you will have the assessment recored in IPENZ system and you will be qualified to become Chartered Professional Engineer in future. I mean, you will have to pass knowledge assessment for CPEng anway...

let me know if you have more questions.
    thanks Owen , yes my position as IT project manager which is required in both long term shortage list and in list of skilled occupation with 15 years experience , I new some guys get approved without IPENZ , but I read that recently it is a must for all NZQF approved immigrant
    Last edited by raouf; 18th December 2016 at 05:42 AM.

It is a must now for most people claiming bonus points for their degree if it is in any sort of engineering. Look at the LTSSL listing for your career, and you'll see the requirements there.

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...roject-manager where it includes the following.
    A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer professional status in New Zealand

Yes, looks like since time has changed, all should go through IPENZ KA02, then just don't hesitate to contact Michele.Boniface@ipenz.org.nz Michele Boniface is the contact person to get KA02 form and inquire about any questions wrt KA02. She is very nice lady and responded to my emails within mins most of the time...

Hope you will get your KA02 pass sooner than you expect!!

Thanks all ,seems it will be good idea to start to prepare for IPENZ from now

Quote Originally Posted by OwenAlly View Post
    Yes, looks like since time has changed, all should go through IPENZ KA02, then just don't hesitate to contact Michele.Boniface@ipenz.org.nz Michele Boniface is the contact person to get KA02 form and inquire about any questions wrt KA02. She is very nice lady and responded to my emails within mins most of the time...

Hope you will get your KA02 pass sooner than you expect!!
    Hi Friends,

I have completed Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (considered level 7), completed Master of Computer Applications (considered Level 9), completed Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering (Software Engineering) from UOA (considered as Level 8), should it go through IPENZ KA02?

Regards,
    KeeVee

Quote Originally Posted by keyvee View Post
    Hi Friends,

I have completed Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (IQA considered level 7), completed Master of Computer Applications (IQA considered Level 9), completed Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering (Software Engineering) from University Of Auckland (considered as Level 8)
    should it go through IPENZ KA02?

Regards,
    KeeVee
    Please add the following to the above: Having more than 11 years of experience in Information Technology / Software Development.

Dear Friends,

I am also in the same boat, recently advised by NZQA to get assessed by IPENZ, I need some guidance to fill KA02 form, it would be great help if I get help from team to prepare my form.

Regards
    Basavaraju.M

See my post on your other thread.