Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Branch, Interview Done, Waiting...welcome any questions on NZQA of USA Master Degree, IPENZ KA02, Interview, Contact with CO!

Default London Branch, Interview Done, Waiting...welcome any questions on NZQA of USA Master Degree, IPENZ KA02, Interview, Contact with CO!

Hi, all future Kiwis!

This is Owen, I am a Chinese living in USA but immigrating to NZ...

Here I would like to share my timeline, as when I first started the process, I did not imagine so many roller coaster experiences during the whole process. Losing points down below 140...then NZQA level above NZQF on USA Master, KA01 fail, KA02 preparation and KA02 pass with around 2 weeks! Plus I am secretly applying immigration and do not want to have my current employer know...I am always grateful for all those road blocks and how things finally worked out to almost the end. The CO Sophie is so nice and so patient, all contact experience has been smooth and quick. Such a blessing from God.

Especially I thank this forum for people's open discussions. I have gained lots of good information. And especially thank good JandM, you are the engine of this forum and people who are immigrating to NZ.

Anyway, I will leave you guys to ask me questions and I am more than happy to share with yall!

EOI Selected with 145 points: 04.27.16
    ITA : 05.05.16
    FBI Background Check Start-Received : 05.07 - 08.01 16
    Medical Received: 09.08.16
    ITA Lodged: 08.10.16
    First Email from CO asking for proof of USA's Master 60 points and LTSSL's 20 bonux points, points down to 115 : 09.30.16

NZQA Application Received: 10.4.16
    IPENZ KA01 Application Received: 10.08.16
    KA01 Result fail: 10.19.16
    ~ KA02 Prep ~
    NZQA Result:11.10.16 Master Level 9 (NZQF claims Level 8, big victory! )
    KA02 Application Received: 11.23.16
    KA02 Pass!!: 12.07.16 Blessing!

Interview: 12.15.16 by phone - 48 mins.

CO told she will make decision the next day and then I will know the result after 2 weeks.

Waiting patiently and positively!! Christmas anyway!
    Last edited by OwenAlly; 18th December 2016 at 03:58 AM.

I think we are on the same kind of rollercoaster as you Owenally XD and I hope we have a positive outcome....
    I wish you all well and congratulations for the interview

Wishing you well. Fingers crossed. ++++++++++++++++++

Thank you very much nzfrog..Haha...then that is good for you! Which branch are you in? I did very well in the interview as far as I feel because I fully answered all her questions with truthful information. I showed my strong employability to her and my capability of settling down there even though I understand some challenges as everybody do.

I will share my result as soon as I receive it. The best for you!!
    Last edited by OwenAlly; 18th December 2016 at 07:42 AM.

Thank you JandM!! We will see what will happen!

Default CO interview Questions - London Branch

Hi OwenAlly,

Many congratulations to you, hopefully you will get good news at the start of New year !!

My CO from London Branch has sent email asking for time slot to arrange telephone interview. It will be great if you can let me know the questions that were asked to you (whichever you remember!)

Thanks
    Neel

Quote Originally Posted by OwenAlly View Post
    Hi, all future Kiwis!

This is Owen, I am a Chinese living in USA but immigrating to NZ...

Here I would like to share my timeline, as when I first started the process, I did not imagine so many roller coaster experiences during the whole process. Losing points down below 140...then NZQA level above NZQF on USA Master, KA01 fail, KA02 preparation and KA02 pass with around 2 weeks! Plus I am secretly applying immigration and do not want to have my current employer know...I am always grateful for all those road blocks and how things finally worked out to almost the end. The CO Sophie is so nice and so patient, all contact experience has been smooth and quick. Such a blessing from God.

Especially I thank this forum for people's open discussions. I have gained lots of good information. And especially thank good JandM, you are the engine of this forum and people who are immigrating to NZ.

Anyway, I will leave you guys to ask me questions and I am more than happy to share with yall!

EOI Selected with 145 points: 04.27.16
    ITA : 05.05.16
    FBI Background Check Start-Received : 05.07 - 08.01 16
    Medical Received: 09.08.16
    ITA Lodged: 08.10.16
    First Email from CO asking for proof of USA's Master 60 points and LTSSL's 20 bonux points, points down to 115 : 09.30.16

NZQA Application Received: 10.4.16
    IPENZ KA01 Application Received: 10.08.16
    KA01 Result fail: 10.19.16
    ~ KA02 Prep ~
    NZQA Result:11.10.16 Master Level 9 (NZQF claims Level 8, big victory! )
    KA02 Application Received: 11.23.16
    KA02 Pass!!: 12.07.16 Blessing!

Interview: 12.15.16 by phone - 48 mins.

CO told she will make decision the next day and then I will know the result after 2 weeks.

Waiting patiently and positively!! Christmas anyway!

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398 That is the main forum thread about interview questions. Don't worry that the first posts are some time ago - the instructions to COs http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/43652.htm have not changed, so the range of questions is still the same.

Hi Owen

We are in London branch as well
    Interview went very well but due to points loss for age we have to go through IQA again with the hope to have my husband s degree at level 9 (JUST LIKE YOU with your US master )
    So the suspense is at its highest :

I love rollercoasters but it gives sometimes too many heart attacks xD
    We should get IQA outcome next week. NZQA website says the status is Quality checking !!
    All the beeeeeeest to you, to Neel and to....us xD !

Other than the resource JandM gave, I would share the questions that I was asked:

1. (starting) basic identity information.
    2. tell me about your current job?
    3. why do you want to immigrate to NZ?
    4. have you applied any jobs in NZ?
    5. what skills you think will get you hired?
    6. how much do you know about NZ's structural industry?
    7. what difficulty you expect to face in job hunting in NZ?
    8. which city you are going to settle?
    9. do you know much about Wellington ( I am planning to move to)?
    10. are you gonna by a house or rent?
    11. what is the price of rental you know?
    12. how much do you expect the living expense to be?
    13. what challenges you may face in settling down in NZ?
    14. have you connected with any people in NZ?
    15. what do they do in NZ?
    16. is your wife gonna work there? what does she do? which company does she currently work for?
    17. when do you think you will move to NZ if you are granted a PR?
    18. are you gonna work as full time or part time?

those are the questions that I can remember now.

if you are interested in how to answer those, I can give you example how I answered those just as reference...but I would respond about those answers after I got approved...
    Last edited by OwenAlly; 19th December 2016 at 02:14 AM.

nzfrog:

Thank you very much for your wishes! awesome. I hope you can finally get Level 9 at last, if your master is a 2 year program, then it should be good.

I totally have had the same feeling...and the worst thing is, I am very busy with my current work...but I have persisted from April till now which has been big victory! .... When it is quality checking, it should be within 1 week.

the light is almost reachable now! let's see!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast