Thread: Short Term Rental For Visitors?

Default Short Term Rental For Visitors?

My wife and I have been traveling the world since October with our 14-month-old son, and we're currently in Australia.

In February we would like to visit New Zealand, and with all of our get-up-and-go travel, we would like to find a place to rest for about a month. Our budget would be similar to what one would expect to pay for a month's rent, but we're wondering if there are any resources to find such a property (we're assuming Auckland will have the most opportunity), either that or house-sitting, which we did while we were in Sydney.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any other tips to see as much as New Zealand as possible on a budget with a baby would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
    My wife and I have been traveling the world since October with our 14-month-old son, and we're currently in Australia.

In February we would like to visit New Zealand, and with all of our get-up-and-go travel, we would like to find a place to rest for about a month. Our budget would be similar to what one would expect to pay for a month's rent, but we're wondering if there are any resources to find such a property (we're assuming Auckland will have the most opportunity), either that or house-sitting, which we did while we were in Sydney.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any other tips to see as much as New Zealand as possible on a budget with a baby would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!
    If you haven't checked holidayhouses.co.nz and bookabach.co.nz ...

Ignore the quoted nightly rate; assuming the place is available, the monthly rate will be much lower. The later you can push your trip into February, the better. Are you sure you want to be in Auckland the whole time? New Zealand is much bigger than it looks. Maybe a couple of weeks on the north island and a couple on the south?

Back to work,

Haole Mike

Thanks for that.

Now another question: We're going to the south island for a couple weeks. Staying in Twizel for a week.

If we want to explore a bit, is it best to fly into Queenstown and hire a car, dropping it off in Christchurch? Or is the cost quite high to do this? Any recommendations?

vroomvroomvroom.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    vroomvroomvroom.co.nz
    Thanks, I did however find a cheaper deal with Ace... is it a reputable company?

When I was in Picton I rented a car from Omega, right near the ferry terminal. It was cheaper than renting a bicycle! I seem to remember paying $33/day for a short term economy car; I'm sure it was under $40.