We're preparing a shipment to NZ ahead of our arrival. Apologies as I should be more informed as I write this, but so busy with the moving day on the 26th. I know this should have been written about before.

Wondering about people's experiences sending food items in a shipment - ie. cargo, not when passing through airports - along with household items.

Do you think things like this would be okay?: rice, canned/bottled goods (things for cooking), powdered or ground spices?

If you have experience, what did you do? Exclude anything like this, or perhaps pack it in one particular box and declare it. How did things turn out?

Not looking to sneak things in, and I think that food is either very iffy or a no-no, but would still hope to include some things that might be hard to get/expensive there, and not have this cause trouble, delays, time and expense.

Dear me, and then there's the matter of through away/leaving some of our furniture and other long-kept things because they're rattan or cane or wicker or wood which might be considered 'untreated'