Thread: IQA Result - Advice please!

Exclamation IQA Result - Advice please!

My IQA result:

-------- Your Qualificationn ------ New Zealand Compatibility------ Level----
    -------- Bachelor of Science ----- A bachelor's degree -------------- 7 -----
    -------- Master of Science ------- A master's degree ---------------- 9 -----

-------- Remarks 1 : NZQA is unable to compare your Bachelor of Science to any of the qualifications on the Long Term Skill Shortage List
    ---------------as there is insufficient content in computer science for your qualification.
    ---------Note: Major subjects in my B.Sc course are Maths, Physics & Computers. But NZQA mentioned insufficient content in computer science for your qualification. As per the LTSSL criteria - list is -> Bsc Maths & Computers
    --------------

-------- Remarks2 : NZQA is unable to compare your Master of Science to any of the qualifications on the Long Term Skill Shortage List as there are no relevant level 9 qualifications listed.

Please refer the attachment.

NZQA did not referred me to got to IPENZ for to claim bonus points.
    If I want to claim the bonus points for absolute skill shortage what should I have to do now?
    Attached Images Attached Images

IPENZ only comes into the picture if an applicant has a degree in some kind of engineering, so does not apply in your case.

I'm afraid that, with the qualifications you have, you can't claim bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by lakshmana1980 View Post
    My IQA result:

-------- Your Qualificationn ------ New Zealand Compatibility------ Level----
    -------- Bachelor of Science ----- A bachelor's degree -------------- 7 -----
    -------- Master of Science ------- A master's degree ---------------- 9 -----

-------- Remarks 1 : NZQA is unable to compare your Bachelor of Science to any of the qualifications on the Long Term Skill Shortage List
    ---------------as there is insufficient content in computer science for your qualification.
    ---------Note: Major subjects in my B.Sc course are Maths, Physics & Computers. But NZQA mentioned insufficient content in computer science for your qualification. As per the LTSSL criteria - list is -> Bsc Maths & Computers
    --------------

-------- Remarks2 : NZQA is unable to compare your Master of Science to any of the qualifications on the Long Term Skill Shortage List as there are no relevant level 9 qualifications listed.

Please refer the attachment.

NZQA did not referred me to got to IPENZ for to claim bonus points.
    If I want to claim the bonus points for absolute skill shortage what should I have to do now?

Hi lakshmana1980,

Have you send an email to QRS team asking about why Computer Science was not considered though it is listed in the below link?

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rtage-list.pdf

I am also planning to apply for IQA, can you please let me know what sort of documents you sent? Since I would like to claim for bonus point, Is it necessary to send all the exp related documents? But in my cover letter, It says "Only send the documents listed below"

Original documents:
    Qualification award certificate....................................... .........................( )
    Complete record of study (transcripts)..................................... ..............( )
    Certified copies:
    Passport bio-data page.............................................. ............................( )
    Evidence of name change - if required.......................................... ........( )

Appreciate your help.

Sorry, I did not checked your message. Just now I have seen and replying.

In the report they have clearly explained reason. insufficient content in computer science. How to argue or discuss with them about insufficient content?

Remarks 1 : NZQA is unable to compare your Bachelor of Science to any of the qualifications on the Long Term Skill Shortage List

You have to send all original Academic certificates to NZQA by post or courier. I sent all original documents to them. They took 3 months and returned my originals.