Thread: Hemoglobin Level 11.2 g/dL

Unhappy Hemoglobin Level 11.2 g/dL

Hi,

I a applying for skilled immigration category (civil Engineer). I have passed my medical test along with my 2 kids. My wife got hemoglobin level as 11.2 g/dL whereas normal range is 12-16 g/dL. Now doctor hold the test report and asked to improve it in a week time and test center will again carry out CBC. Can anyone help how to increase the Hb level. Also if it will not be 12 after a week, will it effect my application status. I need to submit my ITA before 12 February 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by kianiced50 View Post
    Hi,

I a applying for skilled immigration category (civil Engineer). I have passed my medical test along with my 2 kids. My wife got hemoglobin level as 11.2 g/dL whereas normal range is 12-16 g/dL. Now doctor hold the test report and asked to improve it in a week time and test center will again carry out CBC. Can anyone help how to increase the Hb level. Also if it will not be 12 after a week, will it effect my application status. I need to submit my ITA before 12 February 2017.
    Have you asked your wife about her discussion with the Doctor? Most likely doing the test in any other week in the month might produce a different result.

Iron levels might be improved by eating iron rich foods such as :
    Red meat, pork and poultry.
    Seafood.
    Beans.
    Dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach.
    Dried fruit, such as raisins and apricots.
    Iron-fortified cereals, breads and pastas.
    Peas.

Thank you.
    After good diet in a week, it was only 11.4. We discussed with doctor and he said that he will also check Iron and Ferinten. If these two blood components are within range then low HB might not be a problem.