Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PR Partnership Visa - How long do I have to use it?

Question PR Partnership Visa - How long do I have to use it?

Hi,

I'm applying for a PR partnership visa soon, I want to make sure I have enough time to tie up loose ends and such before I have to leave. I know it can take a few months to approve, but once it's approved (fingers crossed), how long do I have before it expires and I have to reapply?

Thanks!

Do you mean PR - which you could be eligible for if you have been living with your NZ partner abroad for five years or more - or do you mean Residence, the first long-term visa for which you can apply? It makes a difference.

Hi, I mean PR, we've been married and living together in the US for 14 years.

If you get PR, you can use it any time at all. If you get Residence, you have a year to use it after the visa label is put in your passport.

Fantastic, thanks so much!

I looked at the NZ Immigration website and it looks like the partnership one is residence and not PR. Is there a different visa for PR if we've lived together more than 5 years? How does that work?

Never mind I found the answers, thanks for your help.

Cheers! Thanks JandM

I have this exact same question! I have PR through Partnership, visa granted last May. It looks like we will be entering NZ prior to the May date but if something comes up I want to be sure I know any deadlines. J&M where is it stated that PR visas don't have a required entry date? I always have to see things for myself in writing. I've searched but not had any luck online.

Thanks.
    Last edited by CarolinaGirl; 12th January 2017 at 04:55 AM. Reason: clarification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast