Thread: Residence Visa Confusion

Default Residence Visa Confusion

I am beginning to fill in my Partners and recently fiancee's Residence Visa form INZ 1000 under the family category, and there is something that is confusing the hell out of me with some of the wording used.

In section D where it asks for her Partner's details (Me) that is fine but at D10 when it asks "is your partner included in this application?", do I tick Yes? because I am not the one applying for residency as I am already a citizen.

And if I do tick yes, does that then infer me as an "applicant" for the rest of the application and do I now have to be included in the police and health check records questions and character requirement questions?

The line between applicant and Sponsoring Partner has become blurred to me.

Also regarding police checks, she has now been in NZ for just over 12 months. Does she need to obtain a police check certificate before we apply for the application or one at all, or is that something they will do at immigration when they recieve her application?

Thankyou.

Your details should go on the form because you are her partner, but no, as you realized, being a citizen, you are NOT included in the application, so all the other sections relating to 'partner' are N/A (not applicable).

INZ will obtain the NZ police check necessary for your partner. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates But notice also the mention that police checks will be necessary for you as the sponsoring partner.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your details should go on the form because you are her partner, but no, as you realized, being a citizen, you are NOT included in the application, so all the other sections relating to 'partner' are N/A (not applicable).

INZ will obtain the NZ police check necessary for your partner. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates But notice also the mention that police checks will be necessary for you as the sponsoring partner.
    Ok, I think I understand now, Thanks once again JandM :-)

As for a police check for myself, one was already done in late 2015 for her first partner sponsored work visa, I believe another will not be necessary as the first was less than 24 months ago?

Thanks.

I agree, that should be covered.
    You do not need to provide a police certificate if:

you have provided a police certificate with a previous visa application, and:
    you make a further temporary entry visa application within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificate
    you make a further student visa application within 36 months of the date of issue of the police certificate
    you make a further visa application as a partner or dependant of a student enrolled in any PhD programme within 36 months of the date of issue of the police certificate
    you make a residence class visa application under the partnership or dependent child category within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificate.