Thread: cafe or resturant budjet

Default cafe or resturant budjet

helo everyone
    Is there anyone please how have a cafe or resturant budjet draft or
    template please.
    I need to make a budjet for my cafe.
    anyone can help me please
    thanks

This should be part of a well thought out business plan. NZ MBIE has a lot of great information on their website: https://www.business.govt.nz/getting...business-plan/

Every example will be different based on the equipment and furnishings you buy, the premise you build, buy, or lease, and the particulars of your business. Not trying to be evasive but this question needs a lot more information provided by you before someone could help. A business is rarely a turnkey proposition other than a franchise.

Id normally allow up to $5 for a coffee, $20 for a breakfast or light meal and up to $30 for a main meal.

Happy New Year!

I followed this thread out of an academic interest in migration flows. From what I gathered, the OP is applying for residence under the skilled migrants category and I take it that the skill in question is working in a cafe. In most developed economies, unemployment, which even in NZ is in excess of 5%, is primarily concentrated in those groups of society with relatively low skills and educational attainment. Is not working in a cafe exactly the kind of work that requires relatively low levels of education? Indeed, even the OP does not, on the face of it, have a degree in English literature. If this is the case, why would working in a cafe be considered 'skilled' and something that can not easily be done by the existing workforce in NZ? Is there really a shortage of cafe workers? I've never experienced a coffee supply constraint on the streets of Wellington.

Why does this matter? A liberal migration policy is undoubtably (and evidentially so) a good thing, but when migration is seen to displace domestic low skilled workers and thus create downward pressure on low skilled wages, along with upward pressure on the cost of living, then the public perception of a liberal migration policy as a good thing suffers. In an election year, this is not a good thing.

I've come in under the business visa and have set up a brewery and pizzeria with nearly 20 employees in Nelson. We have found that the only applicants we've seen are 1)young kids still in school or on a gap year before going to uni, 2)mums looking for a bit of part time work, and 3) working holiday visa workers. We have had good success with all three groups but quality employees are challenging to come by. Putting out a trademe ad netted over 150 applicants nearly all of whom were marginal with us hiring less than 10 of. Our best applicants were those who just came in and met us and handed us their CV. We have had great luck with working holiday applicants as well. The Nelson region has less than 5% employment and qualified applicants are hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by chapwithatui View Post
    Happy New Year!

I followed this thread out of an academic interest in migration flows. From what I gathered, the OP is applying for residence under the skilled migrants category and I take it that the skill in question is working in a cafe. In most developed economies, unemployment, which even in NZ is in excess of 5%, is primarily concentrated in those groups of society with relatively low skills and educational attainment. Is not working in a cafe exactly the kind of work that requires relatively low levels of education? Indeed, even the OP does not, on the face of it, have a degree in English literature. If this is the case, why would working in a cafe be considered 'skilled' and something that can not easily be done by the existing workforce in NZ? Is there really a shortage of cafe workers? I've never experienced a coffee supply constraint on the streets of Wellington.

Why does this matter? A liberal migration policy is undoubtably (and evidentially so) a good thing, but when migration is seen to displace domestic low skilled workers and thus create downward pressure on low skilled wages, along with upward pressure on the cost of living, then the public perception of a liberal migration policy as a good thing suffers. In an election year, this is not a good thing.

Happy new year to all, Hi Heynekamp, how are you? I'm Vince from Toronto, Canada, I have been thinking move to New Zealand through entrepreneur work visa program, I know you also come in under this stream, got couple questions, hope you can shed some light, how long take the New Zealand immigration to approve your visa? how is business environment there for start-up? any financing options? also how is weather there? any advices would be helpful?

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by outlookcanada View Post
    Happy new year to all, Hi Heynekamp, how are you? I'm Vince from Toronto, Canada, I have been thinking move to New Zealand through entrepreneur work visa program, I know you also come in under this stream, got couple questions, hope you can shed some light, how long take the New Zealand immigration to approve your visa? how is business environment there for start-up? any financing options? also how is weather there? any advices would be helpful?

Thanks a lot.
    NZ immigration took a year to approve our visa. The business environment is great in terms of how simple and uncomplicated it is to start a business; that said, as with any business, it will only be successful if you are selling something the market wants at a price that is competitive yet allows you enough profit to survive and thrive. Financing options are very tough without residency; keep your credit options open from your originating country. Weather is dependent on where you live and what you like; we love the Nelson region weather!