Thread: Passport trouble!

Default Passport trouble!

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to submit my application next week (9th of January) for a Partnership-based temporary work visa, and have a plane ticket home for the 2nd of February (cannot be changed unfortunately) for a short visit before I would return to New Zealand (if the visa is granted). I will need to submit a paper-based application along with my physical passport that I won't get back until the visa is processed. I have been informed by an immigration officer that they might be able to expedite my application, but since during this time of year the usual 25 days of processing time is 30-60, it might not happen.

I cannot get a temporary passport for this occassion to travel home.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? If so, what could be a solution to this situation so I don't lose my plane ticket?

Thank you for your help,

A

Actually travel to home is not a reason to speed up visa process. I was in same situation previous year. Either u can left them original certified copy or wait if first they not accept. They will not speed up visa.

what date does your current visa expire?

My current visa expires on 8th February this year. So does anyone know if they'd be accepting a certified copy of a passport also?

I found out from the Immigration Office directly that their current process requires the original copy of the passport, but they can give it back before my travels and issue an electronic visa. Thank you for your help!