Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Residence Visa For New Born baby !!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    132

    Red face Residence Visa For New Born baby !!!!

    Hi !!!!

    Me and my partner is having Residence Visa under Skilled Migrant Category.

    We had our baby born back in our home country (India) last month. So plz provide the details to apply for the kid's residence visa.

    If someone can provide a checklist of the required documents , it will be much helpful and where should I have to submit the documents : INZ (India) or in NZ.

    Awaiting for a positive response.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,854

    Default

    Congratulations on the new family member.

    Here is the visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa At the bottom of the page is the Check criteria button, and on the next page that opens, you will see Evidence buttons down the side, telling you what you will need.

    Use this http://onlineservices.immigration.go...or.htm?level=1 to find out which office to submit to - it will certainly be onshore in New Zealand.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Hi...

    How long will it take to get the residence visa ?

    It will be m helpful if anyone can provide a checklist of documents which has to be submitted.

    Thanks !!!!




    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations on the new family member.

    Here is the visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa At the bottom of the page is the Check criteria button, and on the next page that opens, you will see Evidence buttons down the side, telling you what you will need.

    Use this http://onlineservices.immigration.go...or.htm?level=1 to find out which office to submit to - it will certainly be onshore in New Zealand.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    63

    Default

    There is no such checklist, provide as much information as you can. I provided below documents and visa was approved within 2-3 weeks.

    I provided following documents -
    1. job contract
    2. pay slips
    3. utility bills for address proof
    4. bank statements
    5. attested copy of my passport and visa along with my wife's
    6. child's birth certificate

    Submitted all docs in Wellington branch.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Hi Mayur

    Thanks for the reply.

    While you submitted the documents, the partner and kid came in NZ with a visiting visa or applied from your native country.

    Today I went to immigration office, they were telling that it will take more than 6 months and the documents has to be submitted in the native country ?

    Please provide some info..








    Quote Originally Posted by mayur1980 View Post
    There is no such checklist, provide as much information as you can. I provided below documents and visa was approved within 2-3 weeks.

    I provided following documents -
    1. job contract
    2. pay slips
    3. utility bills for address proof
    4. bank statements
    5. attested copy of my passport and visa along with my wife's
    6. child's birth certificate

    Submitted all docs in Wellington branch.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I got my baby here on visitor visa and then applied for residency for the kid.

    Where you currently living?

    for dependent child your primary residence should be NZ.

    Check this link for details https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ND&applying=no

    You must provide evidence that you live in New Zealand, which may include:
    •letters addressed to you, including rates or utility bills
    •employment records
    •records of benefit payments from Work and Income, or tax payments from Inland Revenue
    •mortgage or rental agreements
    •documents showing your belongings have been moved to New Zealand
    •any other documents that show you live in New Zealand.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Currently am in NZ.

    Partner and kid back in INDIA ( native country ).

    I am planning to apply for residence directly from India for the kid.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,854

    Default

    You can only apply for a resident visa for your child if you are living in NZ. Therefore, your application will probably go to a NZ INZ office, wherever the child is. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ZL&applying=no As others have said, you can easily get a visitor's visa for the new baby who is your dependent child, and mother and child could be in NZ with you while the Residence application is processed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Thanks a lot for the info !!!!!

    One more thing ,if am applying for direct residence visa rather than an initial visiting visa , what will be the processing time ?

    Cijo



    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can only apply for a resident visa for your child if you are living in NZ. Therefore, your application will probably go to a NZ INZ office, wherever the child is. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ZL&applying=no As others have said, you can easily get a visitor's visa for the new baby who is your dependent child, and mother and child could be in NZ with you while the Residence application is processed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    63

    Default

    As per INZ website - https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ZL&applying=no

    Most applications can take 2 months to process, but it can take longer in some situations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •