Thread: Partnership visa help

Default Partnership visa help

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask some questions. I'm having anxiety as we gathering some evidences for our partnership working visa. I'm a bit paranoid that even small things makes me think it will screw up our application. Now my problem is,

1. I was able to.open a joint saving account with my kiwi partner. Now, the bank "address me on their letter (bank letter) as "MRS". I'm just afraid that immigration might think we are married lol. But is it a problem? Or not really?

2. We opened the account and glad that the banker actually gave us 2 copy of bank certificate as she knows it will be use as well for immigration stuff. However, we only deposited $10 on that account. Can we just pass the certificate which shows the address and our names on it?

Please help me.

Kind regards

1. The form of address makes no difference at all. The fact of being married - or not - makes no difference at all.

2. I expect INZ will investigate your financial arrangements more deeply than just by seeing that the joint account exists. They're looking to see you sharing responsibility and decisions about your finances.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    1. The form of address makes no difference at all. The fact of being married - or not - makes no difference at all.

2. I expect INZ will investigate your financial arrangements more deeply than just by seeing that the joint account exists. They're looking to see you sharing responsibility and decisions about your finances.

Thanks JandM,

I don't have my own funds honestly as my partner sponsor everything for me. From the Bond payment, visa application, plane ticket etc etc (like literally). I've spent for him however I don't have any records of it except the receipt I got Everytime I buy something for us ( food, house goods). That receipt doesn't show anything under my name . So what I'm thinking is, I will gather all those receipt(pak n save, etc) and will submit it as well and explain to immigration why I don't have funds for or official receipt and hopefully once we able to get the work visa base Partnership, ill be able to provide official receipt on our next applicatuon in the future (like residency, hopefully). Do you think that will work?

Proof of living together that we have ATM is.

1.tenancy agreement ( which my partners dad will testify that we have live in this house since I arrived here.
    2 joint bills ( internet, electric)
    3 mails address for both of us
    4.bank Certificate and their mails both our names on it
    Do you think it will work?

Thanks

You can't show what doesn't exist.

However, you could make your case stronger by your partner putting some funds in the joint account, and you making some purchases using that money.

I'm financially dependent with my partner for now.and He totally understand cos that how Partnership should.do for. Helping one another when others can't. Once I get the working visa base on Partnership. I think that's the only time.would be able to provide for him as well.

How can I provide evidence of financial dependent? Does my partner needs to write A letter explaining that too?

Thanks JandM for your patience to reply

All the best

If he wants to, he can mention that point in his covering letter.

But what I'm saying is that you're allowed to show that you make some financial decisions, even if the money doesn't come from you.