Thread: But confused about given timeframe

Default But confused about given timeframe

Hey everyone, I hope someone can shed some light on my question and lead me in right direction,
    As I have applied for my residence under smc (ita lodged on 3/08/16) got case officer allocated on 19/11/16..
    In his introduction email he has mentioned that he has done an initial assessment of my file and required some documents and sent questionnaire on same day, we replied back on 24/11, he has also mentioned that I can expect an outcome / finalised decision within 12 weeks time.
    My question is that time was started from the 19th November and 12 weeks will be on 11/02!?
    Am I calculating the timeframe in right way or I can't add on the holidays??
    Very excited and curious to know .... thanks everyone in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse3627 View Post
    Hey everyone, I hope someone can shed some light on my question and lead me in right direction,
    As I have applied for my residence under smc (ita lodged on 3/08/16) got case officer allocated on 19/11/16..
    In his introduction email he has mentioned that he has done an initial assessment of my file and required some documents and sent questionnaire on same day, we replied back on 24/11, he has also mentioned that I can expect an outcome / finalised decision within 12 weeks time.
    My question is that time was started from the 19th November and 12 weeks will be on 11/02!?
    Am I calculating the timeframe in right way or I can't add on the holidays??
    Very excited and curious to know .... thanks everyone in advance
    Hello friend, I guess we all are waiting desperately to get the decision. You are right in calculating the given timeframe by your CO but all I can say is that its just a prediction from them. As Jand says you can only hope but you cant expect them to give you accurate timeframe. I am still waiting for CO with Pinchu ( August lodgement). So you are luck to know that someone is handling your case.i hope you get uour decision before your CO expected timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsharukh611 View Post
    Hello friend, I guess we all are waiting desperately to get the decision. You are right in calculating the given timeframe by your CO but all I can say is that its just a prediction from them. As Jand says you can only hope but you cant expect them to give you accurate timeframe. I am still waiting for CO with Pinchu ( August lodgement). So you are luck to know that someone is handling your case.i hope you get uour decision before your CO expected timeframe.
    Hello coolshahrukh,
    Thanks for your reply, yeah I think I need to calm down and wait more patiently, it's gonna happen whenever it will be right time..... anyways I hope you guys get allocations soon.....