Thread: Partnership based working visa - currently living apart

Default Partnership based working visa - currently living apart

Hi
    I am a NZ citizen and have been with my partner for 17 months. I sponsored her for a partnership based working visa last April which was approved in less than a week with approximately 4 months of evidence. We have been living together in Auckland for nearly 12 months and have continued to collect evidence over that time; however, she was approached by another company that she had been eyeing up for awhile and decided to accept the job offer in November. This meant moving to Hamilton while I am still living in Auckland as I am very happy with my current employment. We have visited each other weekly and will get letters supporting this from our employers and flatmates, we have collected receipts and bank statements showing shared finances during this period and of course correspondence as well.
    We would love to apply for partnership residency but from what I have read on the forum that is not the best option right now with us currently living apart. We will apply for the partnership based working visa for her and then look to apply for residency when we are living together again.
    Can anyone give advice on our current living situation relevant to applying for the partnership work visa?
    Thanks in advance,
    Antonia

It's not really any better a situation when applying for the partner-sponsored work visa than it is for the partner-sponsored residence, if you actually have to state you're living apart, even for a good reason like work commitments.

However, could she be said to be living at home with you, and lodging away during the week? Is she still getting some mail at your address, and is that where she is if she has a few days off? There have been times in my past when I periodically worked away from home, sometimes being at the other end of the country for more than a month, but if anyone asked me for my address, it never was anything but 'my house'.