Thread: Partnership Resident Visa

Default Partnership Resident Visa

Hi,

Currently here on Partnership Work Visa & looking to apply for Partnership Resident Visa around June 2016 (12 months living together)

I'm looking for work at the moment, just wondering if by June 2016 if I haven't found stable work or any work will this affect my application for Partnership Resident Visa? I've joined different job seekers websites & agencies but the job market is a little tight at the moment in NZ. So I just wondered if this would impact my Resident application?

My understanding is that the Resident Visa has no expiry date (forever) but with Travel conditions which of cause will expire. Which is the difference between this visa i.e. Resident visa & the Permanent Resident Visa.

Please send me links to INZ public info to read up if that is more appropriate

I'm looking for work at the moment, just wondering if by June 2016 if I haven't found stable work or any work will this affect my application for Partnership Resident Visa?
    It makes no difference at all. The partnership visas don't rely on anything about you, or what you do, EXCEPT that you are the partner of a NZ visa holder or citizen. The partner-sponsored temporary work visa gives you PERMISSION to work, but does not require that you do so.

My understanding is that the Resident Visa has no expiry date (forever) but with Travel conditions which of cause will expire. Which is the difference between this visa i.e. Resident visa & the Permanent Resident Visa.
    Yes, the Residence visa comes with two years' travel conditions, which allow you to re-enter NZ as often as you like, any time you leave the country in that time. Permanent Residence is a different visa, which you can qualify for after gaining Residence - one main requirement is having been a Resdident for two years, and the others are based around showing 'commitment to New Zealand' in the two years running up to your application. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident One thing the website doesn't say is that INZ count the two years BACKWARDS from the date of the PR application, so they'll look at the 12 months before that, then the 12 months before that again.

Thank you very much

Can you please direct me to NZI info for:

1)Police certificate re: Does NZ citizen partner need to request full police certificate from MOJ.

2)Or does NZI request full police certificate from MOJ on behalf of NZ citizen partner.

3)Or if NZ citizen partner has submitted a police certificate in the last 6 months to overseas NZI branch as per the Partnership-based Work visa application is this still valid to be used for the Resident visa.

4) Also my country overseas- Police Certificate (Sep 2016) is with the NZI branch overseas. Do I need to get another Police Certificate from my country overseas - For Resident application in New Zealand-NZI branch.

5) Resident processing time frames vary depending on NZI workload. Does NZI allow - Partnership-based Work Visa extension application to happen incase the Residence application takes longer to process then the expected time frame. Longer then the Partnership-based Work visa is valid for.

Sorry you probably clicked I meant June 2017 not 2016 lol

Please also is there any NZI info re: PR application in terms of the impact on Resident Visa?

E.g. If a PR is declined for whatever reasons does this affect your Resident Visa i.e. the Resident Visa becomes invalid.

And if PR is declined can you reapply of cause depending on the reasons it was declined in the first place. I'm just preparing for worst case scenario's. If there is NZI info somewhere please direct

Hi Molly did you get it sorted?