Thread: EOI as Skilled Migrant with (2) Part-time jobs

Default EOI as Skilled Migrant with (2) Part-time jobs

Hi,

My wife and I would apply for EOI and our situation is as below.

My wife is a Clinical Psychologist (in both List of Skilled Occupations
    Long term skill shortage list), and she is already registered and recognised by the NZ Psychology Board.

She is currently employed as Clinical Psychologist at two different services part-time covering a 20 hours permanent contract (Auckland DHB) and a 14.5 hours in an NGO with a permanent contract too.
    She is basically working 34.5 hours a week with an annual total salary over 50k (combined).

Since the EOI application only mentions full-time job (minimum 30 hours) and does not give any chance to add more the one job description, she was wondering if it is convenient to apply.
    Also, considering the combined jobs as an equivalent of a full time, we will score 200 points (given the fact the job is potentially worth 50 points)

Thanks in advance for your help,

BlobNZ

I haven't seen this situation mentioned in any of the regulations. I think you'd better ask INZ themselves. The telephone answerers won't have an answer, because they're just looking at the same regulations we can see online, so you'd need to ask to speak to a supervisor - somebody trained in case working, with authority to interpret the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I haven't seen this situation mentioned in any of the regulations. I think you'd better ask INZ themselves. The telephone answerers won't have an answer, because they're just looking at the same regulations we can see online, so you'd need to ask to speak to a supervisor - somebody trained in case working, with authority to interpret the rules.
    Hi JandM,

thanks for your quick reply, very appreciated. You did mention a supervisor, what do you refer to? do you mean a immigration adviser authority? Should I directly go to the INZ office (nearest Level 4
    280 Queen Street, Auckland) and ask for a supervisor?

Thanks

You could either go to an INZ office, as you suggest, or, on the phone, you could ask for a supervisor.