Thread: Resident Visa - Two Application Number

Default Resident Visa - Two Application Number

Hi All,

I am applying for a resident visa under the partnership category. My application was lodged on the 25th of October and after that I was asked to refill some pages of the form, I was contacted by an Immigration Officer asking for more evidence of our 5 years of stable relationship and it was sent to her on the date required (19th of December). All good until then, everything seemed pretty normal and going well. However, checking the application status (I have to recognize I do it too often), the 5th of January I have two applications with different application numbers but the same lodgement date (25th of October), and the date of the medical certificates have changed to the 5th of January (it used to be some date in October).

Does anyone know if this is normal or if it has happened to anyone?, should I conact the CO to see what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Fco View Post
    Hi All,

I am applying for a resident visa under the partnership category. My application was lodged on the 25th of October and after that I was asked to refill some pages of the form, I was contacted by an Immigration Officer asking for more evidence of our 5 years of stable relationship and it was sent to her on the date required (19th of December). All good until then, everything seemed pretty normal and going well. However, checking the application status (I have to recognize I do it too often), the 5th of January I have two applications with different application numbers but the same lodgement date (25th of October), and the date of the medical certificates have changed to the 5th of January (it used to be some date in October).

Does anyone know if this is normal or if it has happened to anyone?, should I conact the CO to see what is going on?

Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the vagaries of the INZ systems.

Nothing to be concerned about. if you've responded as asked, that's all you can do for now.

The thing about the date of the medical changing - that is down to a well-known glitch in the INZ computer system. Every time ANYONE accesses your case, even nothing to do with medicals, even if it's just by accident and they immediately close it again, the date on the medical gets changed to that day's date. It doesn't mean anything.

Thank you JandM!!...what about the two applications with different application number that I can see now...I forgot to mention I only submmited one and that was all I can see for 2 months until this new mysterious one ...any idea?

No. And as Chris said, there's nothing to worry about, since you have supplied all the information they've asked for. You could email and point out that there are two numbers for your single application, then somebody can take a look, but it's really unlikely to matter at all.

Cool!...thank you both