Thread: 2-3 years SMC application

Default 2-3 years SMC application

I just want to know if the SMC application could take 2 years or more like 4 to 5 years? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andylee View Post
    I just want to know if the SMC application could take 2 years or more like 4 to 5 years? Thanks
    Currently you'd expect the SMC process to take 4-12 months.
    Once it's approved n principle you have 6 months to have visas issued, then 12 months to arrive in NZ(assuming you were outside NZ at that stage)

Once you have arrived your resident visa is valid for 2 years.

So you could possibly stretch out making a "permanent " arrival out to around 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Currently you'd expect the SMC process to take 4-12 months.
    Once it's approved n principle you have 6 months to have visas issued, then 12 months to arrive in NZ(assuming you were outside NZ at that stage)

Once you have arrived your resident visa is valid for 2 years.

So you could possibly stretch out making a "permanent " arrival out to around 4 years?
    Thanks chris for replying. But is it possible that merely the smc application to take 2 years or more. Just merely the assessment thing not including the aip and having "permanent" resident sticker? Thanks

Is that a theoretical question because you want it to take that long, or a case your currently involved with?

I haven't known too many cases to take more than 12 months at the moment, unless there is a substantial verification, NSC, or health or character issue.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 10th January 2017 at 06:35 PM.

i haven't reached 12 months yet. It's just 10 months. I just want to know if it could take longer around 2 years or more. I will still patiently wait thanks again