Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Its time to say Good Bye...... 30 days & counting

Default Its time to say Good Bye...... 30 days & counting

Wait !!!

It's time to say good by to my current location and not NZ We have finally decided to move forward after,

• 27 months of starting the NZ RV process,
    • 20 months of obtaining RV,
    • Two trips to NZ

We had our share of doubts in moving in the past 2 years and finally locked in to move to windy & wet Wellington. I have had my fair-share of queries posted in this forum since 2014 and many kind souls offered their opinions which had helped us immensely. So here is where we are at the moment.

• Flight Tickets - Check
    • Packing & Shipping - Check(ETA 4-6 weeks). Expect it to be delivered by end of Feb 2017.
    • Bank Accounts - Check, active since 2015.
    • Job - Partially Check.My transfer papers are yet to come through but i can still work from NZ location with my current job.
    • Initial Accommodation - Check.Managed to book a single bed room service apartment for 700 pw. Hoping that i can finalize the rental property within a week.
    • Rental House:Been searching for a 3BR house in J'ville,Churton Park & other Lower Hutt areas for the past month. Though agents/landlords did send in responses but they prefer me to view the property before i can apply for the rental. So this would have to wait until we land.Rentals are upwards of $500 pw and not sure if it can be negotiated.I could see many rental posting since last week which is a positive sign to get a rental property.Happy to consider any referrals if you/your friends are renting out a property in these areas.
    • IRD Application - Check.For some reason i did not get any response from IRD via email after applying for IRD number from offshore. I had indeed submitted all my documents but decided to apply in Postshop after we arrive on Feb 12.
    • GP Registration - Partially Check.OH has done it when we were there last year and yet to do for myself and the kid.
    • Midwife - Check.Reached out to few of the midwives in Wellington & managed to book one.
    • Car - Quite hesitant.I have used manual transmission ever since i started driving and hardly drove an automatic in the past.So this may have to wait until am confident that i can drive an automatic variant.
    • School - Not applicable for now as my kid is yet to turn 5. Will most likely place her in a ECE provider after we move to the rental property.

All the best.

Good luck

That's awesome!! Yay for ending the indecision and moving forward, it took us 12 years haha...let us know how things go after landing!

Hurrah!

Very conscientious planning

Welcome to a New World

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
    That's awesome!! Yay for ending the indecision and moving forward, it took us 12 years haha...let us know how things go after landing!
    Thanks.

We would have delayed further if not for the 24 months expiry of travel conditions set in our RV issued on Sep 2015.

Good luck! Just wanted to say that you *can* find manual transmission cars in New Zealand. We test-drove a few when we were looking. But it's also much easier to transition from manual to automatic than the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by parpalhou View Post
    Good luck! Just wanted to say that you *can* find manual transmission cars in New Zealand. We test-drove a few when we were looking. But it's also much easier to transition from manual to automatic than the other way around
    Thanks parpalhou for your vote of confidence. Are there any driving ranges to test drive before i managed to convert my overseas licence to local NZ one.

before i managed to convert my overseas licence to local NZ one.
    Most people have the right to drive on a foreign licence in NZ for 12 months after arrival. https://www.nzta.govt.nz/driver-lice...g-on-nz-roads/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast