Wait !!!

It's time to say good by to my current location and not NZ We have finally decided to move forward after,

• 27 months of starting the NZ RV process,
  • 20 months of obtaining RV,
  • Two trips to NZ

We had our share of doubts in moving in the past 2 years and finally locked in to move to windy & wet Wellington. I have had my fair-share of queries posted in this forum since 2014 and many kind souls offered their opinions which had helped us immensely. So here is where we are at the moment.

• Flight Tickets - Check
  • Packing & Shipping - Check(ETA 4-6 weeks). Expect it to be delivered by end of Feb 2017.
  • Bank Accounts - Check, active since 2015.
  • Job - Partially Check.My transfer papers are yet to come through but i can still work from NZ location with my current job.
  • Initial Accommodation - Check.Managed to book a single bed room service apartment for 700 pw. Hoping that i can finalize the rental property within a week.
  • Rental House:Been searching for a 3BR house in J'ville,Churton Park & other Lower Hutt areas for the past month. Though agents/landlords did send in responses but they prefer me to view the property before i can apply for the rental. So this would have to wait until we land.Rentals are upwards of $500 pw and not sure if it can be negotiated.I could see many rental posting since last week which is a positive sign to get a rental property.Happy to consider any referrals if you/your friends are renting out a property in these areas.
  • IRD Application - Check.For some reason i did not get any response from IRD via email after applying for IRD number from offshore. I had indeed submitted all my documents but decided to apply in Postshop after we arrive on Feb 12.
  • GP Registration - Partially Check.OH has done it when we were there last year and yet to do for myself and the kid.
  • Midwife - Check.Reached out to few of the midwives in Wellington & managed to book one.
  • Car - Quite hesitant.I have used manual transmission ever since i started driving and hardly drove an automatic in the past.So this may have to wait until am confident that i can drive an automatic variant.
  • School - Not applicable for now as my kid is yet to turn 5. Will most likely place her in a ECE provider after we move to the rental property.