Thread: FBI Fingerprinting in Wellington

Default FBI Fingerprinting in Wellington

Hello there, my husband and I are in the process of applying for permanent residency and we are currently living in Wellington NZ. As part of the process we need to get an FBI background check completed, which we had previously done from the US for our work visa application. Unfortunately our original one has now expired so we need to get a new background check done. In the US we had our fingerprints taken at an approved channeler's local center, but I have no idea how to get this done from NZ. Has anyone faced this before? It looks like you can go to a police station, but is there anything you need to do/bring?

Thanks for your help!

You just need to take your passport/photo id with you at any police station..

We used this approved channeller http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/ they did same day processing and email results instead of posting them, we ha ours back within a week - much faster then doing it directly through the FBI who take upto 14 weeks just for processing. The approved channeler costs $50US but totally worth it - the service was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    You just need to take your passport/photo id with you at any police station..
    No, not any police station. In Wellington, these are only done by appointment. Phone first 04 381 2000, fo requirements and cost . Need passport.

Absolutely though use a channeler, with prints mailed/coureried to them for 5-7 days service. (not 4 months plus for FBI)

Thanks Jpullen91 - did you use this channeller while you were still in the US or from NZ?

Great tips, I assumed using a chaneller would be a rip-off :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lpf879 View Post
    Thanks Jpullen91 - did you use this channeller while you were still in the US or from NZ?
    . while we were in NZ - we used priority express courier (took four days to get the fingerprints to the US and cost around $60) and as soon as they received it they emailed us the results - its a bit costly but 100% worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Jpullen91 View Post
    We used this approved channeller http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/ they did same day processing and email results instead of posting them, we ha ours back within a week - much faster then doing it directly through the FBI who take upto 14 weeks just for processing. The approved channeler costs $50US but totally worth it - the service was amazing
    FBI channellers will only do for US Citizen and residents I believe. For non-residents you still have to send directly to FBI? Which is 4 months and I've done it last year. Please tell me there is another way and I will be bummed