Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying for PR

Exclamation Applying for PR

Hi Mates,

Thanks for accepting my request.

I need your support regarding my EOI point system.
    I did spoke to many lawyers some say you have 155 points some say 125 I am so confused finally found this piece of heaven.

1. I have full time job with IT company as IT Helpdesk analyst within Auckland.
    2. for age is 25.
    3. PTE : 63
    4. over all overseas experience is 3 years in the same domain

Questionssin

1. Does ICT falls under long term and absolute skill shortage.
    2, Do I need to have IT bachelors for using my overseas IT experience
    3. What all documents are needed to support my experience? as one of the work experience I had was cash paid.
    4. any suggestions for IT role.

Regards
    Sam

First thing - you are wanting to apply for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC). PR is a totally different visa you can't get till later, when you have had Residence for at least two years and met some other conditions as well.

According to the INZ skills checker http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/, IT help desk roles come under IT customer support, and they are under List of Skilled Occupations and LTSSL. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...upport-officer You have to have a qualification that is recognized by NZQA (get the IQA if it's not in the INZ exempt list) as being comparable to one of the ones listed in the drop-down list under LTSSL on the skills checker, if you are wanting to claim bonus points for AASS. See SM8 here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm

That last link has all the details of the regulations of what points you can claim, and what you need to prove. There is a chart at SM6, with all the other sections telling you all the requirements.

Requirements for work experience are covered at SM11.10 and SM11.15.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    First thing - you are wanting to apply for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC). PR is a totally different visa you can't get till later, when you have had Residence for at least two years and met some other conditions as well.

According to the INZ skills checker http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/, IT help desk roles come under IT customer support, and they are under List of Skilled Occupations and LTSSL. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...upport-officer You have to have a qualification that is recognized by NZQA (get the IQA if it's not in the INZ exempt list) as being comparable to one of the ones listed in the drop-down list under LTSSL on the skills checker, if you are wanting to claim bonus points for AASS. See SM8 here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm

That last link has all the details of the regulations of what points you can claim, and what you need to prove. There is a chart at SM6, with all the other sections telling you all the requirements.

Requirements for work experience are covered at SM11.10 and SM11.15.

I am not sure wether Level 7 Graduate diploma falls under LTSS and absolute,since I calculated my points yesterdat including my experience is 185 points.

education: 50+20
    job offer:50+20
    experience: 30

any inputs if you can correct me.

A graduate diploma is not the same as a bachelor degree, even though both may be Level 7. The only way to find out if yours can be considered comparable to one of the Level 7 bachelor degrees mentioned in the LTSSL box (see link already given) is to get the IQA from NZQA.

Sumanta Yes it falls under absolute

Hi There,

I calculated my points finally.

total is : 155 without my overseas experience.

1. my eoi can be picked up with 155 points ?
    2. what documents are needed to support my overseas experience
    3. is it a steady process for claiming the overseas experience.
    4. I am currently working with IT company with employer support letter provided.

1. No. No EOIs are being selected at the moment with fewer than 160 points.

2. Read carefully SM11.10 and SM11.15. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30567.htm Notice particularly SM11.10 b. If your overseas experience was not in a comparable labour market, but was for a multi-national, you have to be careful to state that the local company who employed you IS part of the larger entity whose head-office is in, for instance, the USA. Some people's experience has been disallowed because they did not supply that information and evidence of it - the COs are not mind-readers.

For any work experience, INZ need proof of what your responsibilities were and what level of qualification you needed to hold that job (showing they were skilled work), what hours you worked (showing it was at least 30 hours per week, that is, full-time), your salary level (also showing you were paid at the rate for a skilled worker), and start date and end date. In some cases, people can get all this in one letter from the employer, or from their HR department. Other times, they may have the original job advertisement giving some information, and their financial and tax records showing their pay. If the company is not still in business, they can submit a letter from the employer, or from a fellow worker or line manager who was in a position to know about their work. INZ will contact such people during processing to confirm that this is a genuine letter.

3. It's a standard routine. Any delays that happen are usually caused if the third party (the company or other person who wrote in support) does not answer promptly.

I have done the Bachelors in computers and thought I can claim both LTSSL bonus points(absolute skills shortage - Qualification - 10 points + absolute skills shortage - experience - 15 points). With those 25 points I will get 160. I did NZQA - IQA process but they considered my Bachelors as General. So I cannot claim those 25 points. Because of that I have now only 135. With experience I am saying, don't assume yourself that you can claim those points. You will get to know the real points after doing the IQA.

Hi There,

I applied for my EOI and got selected on 29 march 2017

Received my ITA on 23 april 2017

file submitted on 26th April

Fee Deducted on : 6 may 2017

current status; file received

Suggestion: when a CO gets allocated?
    are they taking long time frame for the 2017 files?
    how do we know a CO is been assigned ?
    any clue of questions being sent to the employer.
    anything in regards to accredited employer within IT industry.

Any response will be appreciated.

sorry to add.....

Application received on : 7-5-2017 @ Henderson Branch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast