Thread: How does residency for health care work? Permanent Visa out of country

Default How does residency for health care work? Permanent Visa out of country

My wife and I have Permanent residence visa, but we've been back in teh USA for 4 years.

In that time, we've had 1 child(and another due).

I'm trying to find information about if our residency for health care starts upon arrival for us (I believe so).
    And I'm guessing like our kids can't be residence until we establish their residency separately (which looks like an administrative task mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by sea-wlg View Post
    My wife and I have Permanent residence visa, but we've been back in teh USA for 4 years.

In that time, we've had 1 child(and another due).

I'm trying to find information about if our residency for health care starts upon arrival for us (I believe so).
    And I'm guessing like our kids can't be residence until we establish their residency separately (which looks like an administrative task mostly).
    http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...ealth-services

Aside from eligibility, be sure to take into account the lag between registering with a GP (as part of a PMO) and when that registration is enabled by the Ministry of Health. Can be up to 12 weeks between submitting your registration and becoming eligible for subsidised GP visits and prescriptions.