Thread: Adding New Born under resident Visa - Complication

Default Adding New Born under resident Visa - Complication

Dear Group Members

i recently came to know that immigration had changed their policies for adding dependents under resident visa.

To my knowledge per below link.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

my daughter cannot be granted a resident visa unless at least one of her parents is lawfully and permanently in New Zealand. Refer to the 'Criteria' tab at the link above.

Can someone add valuable comments.

How would i be able to get her visa in case i need to travel to NZ.

Requesting JandM to add his valuable feedback.

That has always been the case, that one parent must be living in NZ to get residence status for a child. If you decide the whole family is moving back to NZ, then you will need to apply for a dependent child visitor's visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visitor-visa so she can travel with you, then apply for Residence status once you are onshore.

Dear JandM,

Many of my friends who had been in this situation and were living abroad ( not in NZ) just filled in the medical certificate form and send the passport to the immigration office for stamping while non of the parents were actually living in NZ at that period of time. and the new born actually got the stamp on her passport.

This sounds like what happens when a baby is born before the parents' Residence visa has been finalized - then the baby can be added on without extra formalities.

Anyway, whatever happened to other people, your own child will need the visa mentioned in that link to accompany you to NZ.