Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Residency under the Humanitarian Category

Default Permanent Residency under the Humanitarian Category

Hi,

I'm a newbie here first time posting. I'm a recignised refugee person in NZ and I'm on my way to apply for a PRV under the Humanitarian Category. I was wondering if anyone has applied for a PRV under the same category before. On the website, it says 10 days or more I'm curious about the processing time it took for you? In case you were wondering, no immediate family involved (declared though). Thanks
    Last edited by FitLife; 18th January 2017 at 04:42 PM.

Hello.

I don't remember seeing anyone on the threads before using this category, so I can't direct you to anyone else's experience.

Good luck - and let us know how it goes for you, please, to help anyone else who comes after.

Hi JandM,

Sure thing, the lawyer said it would take about a month or two, but hopefully sooner so I won't have to worry about renewing my current visa, will keep updating

I have submitted my eMedicals yesterday, finally. Hopefully, my lawyer will lodge the application this week, INZ has said that on average a PRV under this stream takes at least 4 months if not more, however, the lawyer said one to two months, keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck.

Thank you JandM. The application was submitted to the Northern Documentation (Manukau branch) on 4th February, waiting for the confirmation of lodgment and any other updates from INZ.

Online status changed to residence application lodged on 1 February. Now waiting for allocation

All good wishes.

I heard back from the lawyer today, INZ requested additional information and informed us that my application has been transferred to Immigration Profiling Branch which could take longer (I hope not). This has happened to me before when I applied for my first student visa to come to NZ, where is the process was fairly quick at that branch even though it was around the Xmas holidays and I received my visa on 24 Dec (took approx. 5-6 weeks since first lodgment). Since this is a residence application the vetting would be entirely different, I would assume longer waiting time. I was hoping if anyone could please share their experience or knowledge for that branch in terms of processing times for residence applications?
    Last edited by FitLife; 15th February 2017 at 01:28 PM.

Comparison is meaningless, because every case is individual. Also, waiting time depends largely on the department waiting for replies from the foreign government(s) involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast