Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police clearance certificates

Default Police clearance certificates

Hi All I am now a little confused. WE have applied for SMC under our South African passports. Hubby has a British Passport by birth and has never lived there. WE are getting some mixed messages of people saying that we will need to supply a police clearance certificate for the UK as well even having never lived there. Can anyone confirm if they had to do this as well. All our docs are in and if we need the UK one we will need to apply so when we get a case officer we are able to supply it. When they checked our documentation they never requested it. Thanks in Advance

A quote from the INZ website (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates):

Police certificates must be provided from your country (or countries) of citizenship, as well as any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.
    To me it sounds like you would need a police clearance certificate from the UK as well since having a passport means he has citizenship.

I would agree that you do need a UK police clearance certificate. This is from the INZ website:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-certificates
    "Police certificates must be provided from your country (or countries) of citizenship, as well as any country you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years."

This states it a bit more clearly for me than the "Application for Residence Guide" does.

Hahaha, sorry. See @elk beat me to it.

Thanks all, now I just need to get hold of VAC services to see if they will accept the Police clearance even though we have not hear from case officer as yet.

Anders when did you submit your ITA?

We submitted London Branch 15 December, received acknowledgement on the 22nd, online says application lodged 15th. Then they closed from 23rd to the 4th.

I am sure you will hear from your CO any day now. Exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    Hi All I am now a little confused. WE have applied for SMC under our South African passports. Hubby has a British Passport by birth and has never lived there. WE are getting some mixed messages of people saying that we will need to supply a police clearance certificate for the UK as well even having never lived there. Can anyone confirm if they had to do this as well. All our docs are in and if we need the UK one we will need to apply so when we get a case officer we are able to supply it. When they checked our documentation they never requested it. Thanks in Advance
    Quite common for SA nationals applying in London. I've seem many cases where if you are able to satisfy INZ that the person has not lived there, or not after the age of 17, then the UKPC requirement is waived.

Thanks ChrisM, we applied for it online yesterday in case and we are having it sent directly to the VAC services, after speaking to them. Rather have all our ducks in a row. Cost us a little extra but rather save the time now and not wait for the request.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast