Thread: Parthnership Visa

Default Parthnership Visa

Hi there.
    my situation:
    i am have been in new zealand for 2 years and a half now.
    in september 2016 after a 2 years skilled work visa i have been granted of a work visa based on partnership and at the beginning pof november i have applied for residency. I ve got married with a resident from november 2015 a woman 20 years holder than me.
    i live in her house for almost a year and a half.
    I have provided pictures, supporting letters, a marriage certificate with our address, power bills (covering just 8 months ) with both our names, a joined bank accout with the same address. i have received this email from my officer:

I am writing regarding your application for residence in New Zealand under the Family Partnership Category. This email is to advise I am the case officer of your application and I have completed an initial assessment of the application and would like to request the below information to be provided to our office by the 27 January 2017.

Relationship Evidence

As per the information on file, you have provided evidence of partnership. However, Immigration Instructions state that a couple must be in a genuine and stable relationship and living together in such a partnership for at least 12 months. Please provide further evidence as follows that covers a 12 month period:

Please note that all documents provided in support of the application must be either the originals or certified copies.

· Original or certified true copies of rates invoice (you have only provided a copy)

· More photos of you and your partner together

· Original or certified true copies of Police certificate from Australia for yourself: ‘Name and Fingerprint check’ (please note that I have sighted the evidence that you have applied for one)

· Any other document you think will assist your application

· Please comment on how the cultural and age differences have impacted your relationship in a positive and/or negative way?

· Period of Separation

Please provide an explanation in writing for periods of separation (from 2/12/2016 – 26/12/2016). Additional to this you will need to provide original or certified true copies of evidence that your relationship was being maintained either by phone calls, emails, letters or via the internet

If you are unable to provide the above documentation requested, please provide an explanation in writing as to why.

Please note that as per Immigration Instructions F2.5 (c), the onus is on the applicant to provide the relevant information/documentation to prove that the applicable immigration instructions are being met.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
    i really don t have much more other evidences about our living together documentation. my wife owns the house and she preferred to keep things they way they were about payments and stuff....

any suggestion?
    i don t know if interpretate this email in a hard way..... i can t sleep at night.
    cheers

Be aware that it is normal for INZ to ask for extra partnership proof to cover the time of processing - they do this to make sure that they're not about to issue a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.

But apart from that, this list need not alarm you - they're asking for specific items, just to tick boxes that they've checked thoroughly.

Photos - ask around your friends. They may have pics on their cell phones.

Regarding the request for a comment on your age and cultural difference, it's a standard question. INZ always check out partnerships to test if this could be a situation faked up to get the foreign person a visa. It would be difficult for a pretend couple to give sensible answers in any detail. If it hasn't caused any problems, say so, and the GOOD things you've found in your situation. If either of you has learnt the other one's language, talk about the experience. Tell any positive things, such as maybe your partner has found recipes for your favourite foods from your family, or vice versa, or trying out each other's hobbies. If there have been problems, say so, and how you are overcoming them.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Be aware that it is normal for INZ to ask for extra partnership proof to cover the time of processing - they do this to make sure that they're not about to issue a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.

But apart from that, this list need not alarm you - they're asking for specific items, just to tick boxes that they've checked thoroughly.

Photos - ask around your friends. They may have pics on their cell phones.

Regarding the request for a comment on your age and cultural difference, it's a standard question. INZ always check out partnerships to test if this could be a situation faked up to get the foreign person a visa. It would be difficult for a pretend couple to give sensible answers in any detail. If it hasn't caused any problems, say so, and the GOOD things you've found in your situation. If either of you has learnt the other one's language, talk about the experience. Tell any positive things, such as maybe your partner has found recipes for your favourite foods from your family, or vice versa, or trying out each other's hobbies. If there have been problems, say so, and how you are overcoming them.

hi thx for answer.
    i have sent all the info requested about 3 weeks ago.
    how long is it gonna take generally? do you think there will be an interview?
    in interviews and stuff do they check also phones and private messages?
    all i do is working and stay with her..... i pratically don t use my phone..... cheers

There is no 'normal' time. It takes as long as it takes.

INZ have the right to interview anyone about anything, if the official thinks it's the best way to obtain required information. They sometimes interview couples (usually asking what each one knows about the other - easy to answer if it's a genuine couple, but will catch out people pretending to have a relationship for the sake of getting a visa). Likewise, they sometimes ask for phone and email records, but not always.