Thread: Incomplete Birth certificate to affect SMC residency ?

Default Incomplete Birth certificate to affect SMC residency ?

Hi

It's me again .Sorry

We received our ITA and busy gathering our dcouments . My birth certificate only has my father's name on due to an error made by the Dept of Home affairs South Africa
    My Mom tried rectifying this however was told she needs to re apply for my birth certificate and my father has to be present

My parents divorced 10 years ago and we don't know the whereabout of my father so there is no way of obtaining a birth certificate with both my parents name on

Will this affect our application ? My partner is the principal applicant

Tx

Quote Originally Posted by PK2017 View Post
    Hi

It's me again .Sorry

We received our ITA and busy gathering our dcouments . My birth certificate only has my father's name on due to an error made by the Dept of Home affairs South Africa
    My Mom tried rectifying this however was told she needs to re apply for my birth certificate and my father has to be present

My parents divorced 10 years ago and we don't know the whereabout of my father so there is no way of obtaining a birth certificate with both my parents name on

Will this affect our application ? My partner is the principal applicant

Tx
    so its an official certificate?

what does it say for "name of mother"? ..."not recorded"?

if so, the record is, what it is!

It is an official certificate

Just blank by Mother's Details

Do you think I should write a letter explaining ?

Hi
    Tx
    I recently had a similar issue with my South African birth certificate. After waiting 18 weeks they issued a birth certificate with *everything* wrong except my name, date of birth and ID number (all details of both parents and place of birth wrong). Both my parents were out of the country at that time and our time to submit the ITA was almost up. My local Home Affairs office was helpful and I managed to get everything fixed in 2 weeks without my parents present by filling out a 'late registration of birth' form with all the correct details and following up with Home Affairs local and head office a few times a week so it can be done.

I would recommend going to your local Home Affairs office and describing the situation including that it would not be possible to contact your father. Be persistent but friendly. Ask them to contact head office and that you will be back the next day to find out if they have managed to fix it. It helps to mention that you need it for a visa application that has to be handed in in the next few weeks. If you are not able to get things sorted out I have contact details of the person in charge of Home Affairs records and with the correct approach you can make things happen but only if you have tried the local offices without any luck. PM me if you need these details.

My mom's ID number was left out on mine, so it seems like they clearly like to leave out details.

Seems they don't want us to go

Hi Elk

Thanks for your response

The problem is we already in NZ :-(

True !

This is a long shot, but given how many errors there obviously are on people's certificates, I wonder whether your birth certificate will have the same error on it if you just re-apply for it........

Hi Elk

Thanks for your response

The problem is we already in NZ :-(
    Ah ok, that does make it more difficult.