Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smc processing timeframe

Unhappy Smc processing timeframe

Hello everyone, I'm waiting for decision on my smc application, I called inz today and got told I have to wait for another 4/5 months by the clerk. I'm really confused, as I mentioned him over the phone that in my co's intro mail he mentioned that he will finalise decision within 12 weeks but he said that doesn't matter cos if that was gonna happen my application should have been onto next stage by now,,, but apparently it is still at the processing stage right now..... if someone could please help me cos I'm really disappointed with the response,,,
    I know very well that it will take as much as it takes.... but still I was expecting the time frame my co has mentioned which is 12 weeks
    Anyways I haven't passed the timeframe yet but it will be 12 weeks on 11/02/17......
    shall I start chasing my co after 11/02??
    The reason m worried about the timeframe is cos according to my company policy they will advertise my job before 12 weeks of my visa expiry date which is 28/06/17..... and my company will start advertising it around mid march..... and the rule they have is if they find NZ resident/ citizen with same qualifications and experience.... I will loose my job ( i.e I will be loosing 5 years of hard work plus all the money I hv spent throughout those 5 years ....
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me please

which position did u appply bro

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse3627 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm waiting for decision on my smc application, I called inz today and got told I have to wait for another 4/5 months by the clerk. I'm really confused, as I mentioned him over the phone that in my co's intro mail he mentioned that he will finalise decision within 12 weeks but he said that doesn't matter cos if that was gonna happen my application should have been onto next stage by now,,, but apparently it is still at the processing stage right now..... if someone could please help me cos I'm really disappointed with the response,,,
    I know very well that it will take as much as it takes.... but still I was expecting the time frame my co has mentioned which is 12 weeks
    Anyways I haven't passed the timeframe yet but it will be 12 weeks on 11/02/17......
    shall I start chasing my co after 11/02??
    The reason m worried about the timeframe is cos according to my company policy they will advertise my job before 12 weeks of my visa expiry date which is 28/06/17..... and my company will start advertising it around mid march..... and the rule they have is if they find NZ resident/ citizen with same qualifications and experience.... I will loose my job ( i.e I will be loosing 5 years of hard work plus all the money I hv spent throughout those 5 years ....
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me please
    Hey jayse, first thing which is for sure is that the clerk is talking Bullshit and dont worry about what he said.
    Your case is HIGHLY POSSIBLY that it's still on processing and I reckon you will get your decision shortly. Waiting is hard but wait few more day. Anyday anytime u can get approved, think about that!

Quote Originally Posted by San11 View Post
    Hey jayse, first thing which is for sure is that the clerk is talking Bullshit and dont worry about what he said.
    Your case is HIGHLY POSSIBLY that it's still on processing and I reckon you will get your decision shortly. Waiting is hard but wait few more day. Anyday anytime u can get approved, think about that!
    It really takes a long time. And the timeframe of ur CO is just an approximate. Be thankful coz atleast ur CO gives u atleast his timeframe compared to mine since december 9 my CO has everything he asked from us but until now no progess (even my consultant is wondering what takes much time since everything is with him). We just need to wait patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by cafjay View Post
    which position did u appply bro
    Hey cafjay,,, I'm a baker bro with countdown supermarkets

Quote Originally Posted by Andylee View Post
    It really takes a long time. And the timeframe of ur CO is just an approximate. Be thankful coz atleast ur CO gives u atleast his timeframe compared to mine since december 9 my CO has everything he asked from us but until now no progess (even my consultant is wondering what takes much time since everything is with him). We just need to wait patiently.
    Hmm true and I agree with you BUT he's been told 4-5 months extra again, geez that's can't be true!

Hay San11,, I hope so.... fingers crossed
    Yeah mate it is really hard waiting game..... I hope you get yours soon too
    Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Andylee View Post
    When did you lodged your application andylee?? Can you please share?

Hmm true and I agree with you BUT he's been told 4-5 months extra again, geez that's can't be true!
    Exactly bro..... I hope it gets finalise by next month hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse3627 View Post
    Hay San11,, I hope so.... fingers crossed
    Yeah mate it is really hard waiting game..... I hope you get yours soon too
    Fingers crossed
    Haha. I just realized that it's been 3.5 months gone of my application been lodged but no co allocation yet. I m busy on my personal life so cant be bothered tracking and thinking about Inz and application.
    As I said before, we will get it for sure regardless of time, if we are meant to get. Worrying is just a waste of time.
    So stop worrying and be a man! Let's face whatever comes ahead! Everything will be good as gold at the endd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast