Thread: Student visa holder - visiting home during the first semester

Default Student visa holder - visiting home during the first semester

Hi everyone,

I'm asking this for a friend who doesn't have an account here. He is currently on a student visa at an PTE in Auckland. His brother is getting married in India next month and he wouldn't want to miss the wedding. The whole trip will only last 1 week.

He is worried that the border control officers may question him upon his return to New Zealand. He spoke to the PTE student advisor and they told him "You can go at your risk. When you're studying here, you're supposed to be here and studying, not travelling elsewhere".

Personally I feel that shouldn't be an issue for him. However, could anyone please share some thoughts

Thank you very much

My friend left nz during her studies and took a leave approved letter from her university for safe side
    But no one asked cz student visa is multiple entry visa mostly

Whats important is that leave from the course is approved, and when it comes to his next application his course attendance record reflects that.

I agree with ChrisMwn, even though mine is an example of the U.S., but while I was a full time student there for 5 years, anyone who wanted to leave the U.S. DURING a semester in session had to get a letter from each and every professor approving the leave. In addition, one needed approval from the Intl Student Advisor, which was only granted for a family emergency, which did not include weddings......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My post are never to be understood to be taken as immigration advice, only personal experience.
    Last edited by Sebastian91; 21st January 2017 at 10:51 AM.

Thank all of you for your advice