Thread: Work Experience References and Certified Copies for SMC

Post Work Experience References and Certified Copies for SMC

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of gathering my documents for My ITA.

In terms of my work references, I was recruited by an agency for two of my previous roles so I am assuming that if I can obtain a letter from them with my start and finish dates, position, no of hours I worked per week and name and address details then that would be acceptable?

I have approached a few contacts who I worked with about getting a reference from them also, but they arent allowed to give written references as they are government ministries and are not allowed to. Will the letter from my agency be enough? I also kept job decription from my previous roles so I will include this in my documentation but does the case officer need a contact for a verbal reference to verify the tasks and responsibilities that I did in the roles?

The checklist also seems to require original copies of references but I need one from Australia and this will be emailed to me so will that be accepted? The one thing I need to know is how to I get certain things certified e.g Payslips as most of them are electronic. I guess I could just go to the bank and get a statement showing my salary deduction and have it certified by a JP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

L

Hi LMG, what we did when we had forms emailed we took the laptop with the original email and the printed out documents to the lawyers and they then certified from the email. Hope that helps