Thread: Is this ok to do?

Default Is this ok to do?

Hi all

I read through older posts and could not find anything like my situation, hence posting here. I have 3 degrees one from India, one from UK and one from NZ. The UK ones are not listed in the NZQA exceptions or exempt lists but the NZ one will get me 50 points. The UK ones will get me either 50 or 60 (based on the older lists available on the immigration website). I would like to apply for the EOI quickly and so wondering if I can just not do the IQA at this stage. I want to mention the degrees so that m background is known but the marks will apply for the NZ degree only as I will not have the accompanying PAR or IQA. I will make enough points without the two (India, UK) degrees in any case. I am a little nervous doing this as I worry the case officers may find fault with this approach. Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rina verma; 23rd January 2017 at 07:16 AM.

You are not obliged to claim for qualifications, or work experience, in excess of what you need to get the minimum number of points necessary. However, I think it's quite likely that if you put the other degree on your EOI, it would be an automatic INZ reaction to require NZQA assessment on it. I can understand your wanting to put forward your full background to an employer, but why, when it comes to INZ?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You are not obliged to claim for qualifications, or work experience, in excess of what you need to get the minimum number of points necessary. However, I think it's quite likely that if you put the other degree on your EOI, it would be an automatic INZ reaction to require NZQA assessment on it. I can understand your wanting to put forward your full background to an employer, but why, when it comes to INZ?
    Thanks for that and it gives me the answer! I think I need to keep in mind that this is an EOI not a job application and I have seen from your replies to rpevious posts that they follow a manual which gives step by step instructions on calculation of points, etc. So, I am going to go ahead and just put the degree that I am claiming points for.

Quote Originally Posted by rina verma View Post
    So, I am going to go ahead and just put the degree that I am claiming points for.
    I agree, keep it as simple as possible. If you do not specifically need it for LTSSL and it won't give you extra points, then just claim points for the exempt degree.