Thread: Is a job offer from a Labour Hire agency ( Like Adecco, Trade staff, etc) valid to apply WORK VISA- Employer assisted ?

Default Is a job offer from a Labour Hire agency ( Like Adecco, Trade staff, etc) valid to apply WORK VISA- Employer assisted ?

Hi friends,

For the last One year, I work in an electrical company through a reputed Labour Hire agency. My current Visa (Open work visa- post study) is about to expire and need to apply for new visa. Can i get a 'work visa-Employer assisted' with the help of supporting letter&employer supplimentery form issued by the agency?
    Thanks,
    Regards,

No. The agency is not your employer.

Dear JandM,
    Let me Quote one of JandM's post to get a clear view in my case. The same is my situation. Please help
    "As I understand it, you would have a full-time job with a consultancy/agency, and they would send you out to other companies who have need of the work you can do. If that is correct...
    For the purposes of triggering your deferred Residence, I don't think it would matter which firm is actually employing you (as long as it is a reputable, sustainable NZ company), as long as it's a permanent or long-term contract, and as long as the work they are going to have you do for their client companies is skilled, in the skill you have proved on your ITA. You have to show an offer letter, with all the small print of the contract included.

Yes, if the agency was employing you on a full-time permanent contract, so that if the electrical company didn't need you any more, you stll wouldn't be out of work, because the agency would still be paying you while they made arrangements for you to work elsewhere.

That is NOT the normal arrangement when someone is an agency worker.

Thank you very much for your reply.