Thread: Partnership Work Visa Approved!!

Default Partnership Work Visa Approved!!

So insanely happy! , talk about a stressful process! Just got the email from our CO today! Thank you for all the advice, this forum is anazing. Below is our story for anyone looking for evidence examples or are in a similar situation, i am a New Zealand citizen and he is american

We have been together since august 2015(almost 17 months now). We had a long distance relationship for 4 months and then he came to nz for 5 weeks in jan 2015. He intended to stay and work in greymouth where i lived but we could not find him work after weeks of looking. Eventually we decided that he would go back to guarenteed work in the usa and i would look for work somewhere in nz where there would be equal employment opportunity for both of us. (This is all documented in conservations on fb which have been submitted). It took me 5 months to find work here in wellington and once i did i organised us a house, flatmates etc. in august we travelled to bali for a wedding and then came straight to wellington where we have been since. We have now lived together for almost 5 months and our application contained the following evidence...
    - detailed cover letters explaining our situation
    -lease for our flat with both our names on it
    -shared bank acc- including annotation of ingoing outgoing payments
    -car insurance with both of us fully insured
    -shared phone acc
    -facebook convos,call log, wall posts from when we were apart (approx 50 pages worth)
    - approx 30 photos of us together and with my family, all dated abd captioned
    - 10 reference letters from family, friends, employers,flatmates
    - letters, photos of packages and post card send back and forth while apart
    -wedding invite with both of our names
    - mail addressed to him in greymouth at my address while he was living with me in jan 2016
    - proof of joint travel around nz and asia

He also had a historic dui charge from 2009 but this did not seem to impact the visa decision as it was the only charge and was more then 5 years ago.

Im happy to answer any questions 😊
    Last edited by Jpullen91; 24th January 2017 at 08:18 PM.

Hi Jpullen. Congrats on getting approved.
    How long did it take to get approved when you submitted?
    I'm about to submit my partnership visa application soon and have one question.
    Is the only document that the supporting partner needs to submit is a passport? Is there any other documents they must provide? I couldn't find anything else they required but it seems so short.
    Thanks!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess&Jack View Post
    Is the only document that the supporting partner needs to submit is a passport? Is there any other documents they must provide? I couldn't find anything else they required but it seems so short.
    Thanks!
    I'd like to know this also, it's been on my mind but I couldn't tell if I am the supporting partner would i need a valid NZ passport.
    Last edited by gacax; 25th January 2017 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess&Jack View Post
    Thanks!
    I only had to submit my passport along with the other relevent info regarding the partnership

Quote Originally Posted by gacax View Post
    I'd like to know this also, it's been on my mind but I couldn't tell if I am the supporting partner would i need a valid NZ passport.
    Yes, as a supporting partner i beleive you would require a valid NZ passport

For questions like this, it's better and quicker to go to the INZ website to find out what they say about the requirements. See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ZL&applying=no
    Your partner must provide an original or certified copy of one of the following:

a New Zealand passport
    a New Zealand birth certificate
    a certificate of New Zealand citizenship
    a New Zealand residence class visa.

If your partner is a New Zealand resident because of their citizenship or residence status in Australia, they may provide an original or certified copy of their Australian passport, permanent residence or resident return visa.

Hi Jpullen91,

Regarding the evidence you provided, did you send in original copy of photos, letters, wedding invite etc and original reference letters from family and friends? Or did you scanned them and print them out?

Thanks!