Thread: Resident visa approved

Default Resident visa approved

Hi guys,

My residant visa status for me my other half and our twin girls has changed to 'approved' online. We're still in the UK but have flights booked to head over 13th March.

I'm now panicking that there's more to this and the 13th March will be too soon to fly.

Can anyone advise me of he next steps involved? My levy was paid as part of the visa application which I think is a new thing. But will I still need to send our passports off to have visa stickers put in?

If so how long is this process likely to take?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, the levy was done away with.

You'll receive an AIP letter or email in a week or two's time with exact instructions, and/but yes, you will have to get the visa label stuck in each of your passports. That only takes around a maximum of two weeks, for them to go in and be sent back. If by the time you get your AIP communication, time is getting a bit short, you MAY be able to arrange to take the passports in and get it done while you wait. That's not guaranteed, but it may be worth asking. It has been allowed for some people, but things like that vary, depending on how busy a particular INZ office is at the time.

Otherwise, are your flights the kind you can readily change? It does sound as though time is very tight for the formalities, and nobody can push INZ - they're the government, and don't have to take any notice of people's personal convenience. Why did you make the booking for then, in particular?

Oh no, now I feel worried! I think we just thought it was done with since the levy had been paid etc!

We can't change our flights so not much we can do but keep our fingers crossed!

It's London branch if that makes any difference?

Thanks for your reply anyway. I'm very much hoping to receive an email with full instructions soon. I wonder if there's a way to just send the passports off one to get that process going?

I suppose asking my CO is my only option?

I got the email through today! About an hour after writing this email. I will send off passports tomorrow and can hopefully relax that we've got 6 weeks for them to be returned to us!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Good luck.

if you are just visiting NZ then 6 weeks is more than sufficient to get the passports back with blue stickers.

They've got Residence.