Thread: Permanent Residency via "establishment of business" criteria

Default Permanent Residency via "establishment of business" criteria

Hello,

I am new member and this is my first post. I searched the forum for a previous post matching my question but couldn’t find the info I was looking for. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Basically, I want to get some more details on the “Establishment of business” criteria for getting permanent residency (from RV) which is mentioned in the opsmanual in section RV2.5.15 (pasted below).

Can someone please advise:
    1. Is there a minimum amount of investment required? The manual just mentions purchasing 25% or more shares in an established business
    2. Are there any specific types of businesses or locations in which this investment should be made?

In case someone has used this path for permanent residency, kindly share your experiences.

RV2.5.15 Establishment of a business in New Zealand
    1. A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have been approved a resident visa under any category, and have successfully established a business in New Zealand that has been trading successfully and benefiting New Zealand in some way for at least 12 months immediately preceding the date the application for a permanent resident visa was made.
    2. Principal applicants applying for a permanent resident visa under these instructions will be considered to have successfully established a business in New Zealand if:
    1. they have established or purchased, a business operating in New Zealand; or
    2. they have invested in a business in New Zealand by purchasing 25% or more of the shareholding of an established business.
    3. For the purposes of these instructions evidence that a business is trading successfully and benefiting New Zealand in some way is production of a set of the latest accounts relating to that business certified by a New Zealand chartered accountant and which confirm that in their view the business is a going concern.

Thanks,
    Junaid

No minimum investment, location, or type of business as per the rules.
    BUT

For the purposes of these instructions evidence that a business is trading successfully and benefiting New Zealand in some way is production of a set of the latest accounts relating to that business certified by a New Zealand chartered accountant and which confirm that in their view the business is a going concern.

Thank you so much for the clarification!