Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend came to New Zealand on mid Feb on a working holiday visa. She got a 12 month contract and her employer intends to offer her a new skilled position for a year

She intends to apply for the essential skills visa, however because of bureaucracy at her workplace, the position hasnt been advertised, nor has the recruitment process begun (they will recruit for a few people for this position, with my girlfriend being one of the pre-approved candidates).

By the time all the conditions of the job ad (up for at least two weeks) and the recruitment process (interviews & applicants) are done, she'll have one or two days left to submit her essential skills application before her WHV expires, leaving her with too little time to gain consideration for any interim visa.

She´s considering submiting her Essential Skills Visa Application, leaving New Zealand just before her visa expires, going to Australia for a few days and coming back to New Zealand with a visitor visa, just to wait for her visa to be processed.

Is this something she could do? Is there any other way around it?

I appreciate any and all the help we can get.