Thread: NZ Resident, just married.

Question NZ Resident, just married.

Hi fellow ENZ members,

I'm an NZ resident, just married on last December 2016 in my country of citizenship.

I'm bringing my wife to NZ here with me, and she got a three-month visitor visa.

So, my questions are:
    1. Do I need to register a certificate of marriage again here in NZ (or probably just convert one from my original certificate of marriage) ?
    2. What visa would be the best for her? I'm thinking about open work visa, but is this eligible for us?
    3. When should I apply new visa for her? her visa will expire on this March.
    4. Any suggestions you have, please post down below.

1. No. You only have one certificate about your one marriage ceremony. You will have to translate your marriage certificate if it is not in English. In any case, it is not the fact of marriage that will count for getting a visa for your wife, but the fact that you set up home and live together.

2. Probably this. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders See the Check Criteria button near the bottom of the page. You will need to show GOOD evidence that you have been living together for 2 - 3 months. See old threads for discussion and suggestions about evidence. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof (She can't apply for partner-sponsored residence until you have 12 months' evidence of living together.)

3. Just before her visa runs out. That will give you time to collect as much evidence as possible. As long as her application is lodged while her visa is still valid, INZ can issue an interim visa to keep her legal while the application is processed. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa

Hi JandM, thanks for your reply.

Will her visa always can be renewable?

For work visa, the INZ website says that she needs to have been living with me as her partner for a year or more, up to 2 years, otherwise up to a year.

So the only option for her is to extend her visitor visa?

No its not for work visa.
    You can apply for temprary work visa (partnership).
    Collect evidence for 2 3 months to prove that you both are currently living together n nz
    *joint account n nz
    *bills, letters (both of ur names)
    *most imp tenancy aggreement on both of ur names
    *friends/parents supporting letters
    *5/6 photographs

Moreover, Fill applicant form
    And sponsership letter from ur side
    All of these evidence can be fine

As simar toor says, you have misread the link. Look again. With 2 - 3 months' evidence, she can get a partner-sponsored temporary work visa that will last a year.

Keep collecting more evidence throughout. When you have 12 months' evidence, then she will be able to apply for partner sponsored residence.