Thread: Employer Letter of support

Default Employer Letter of support

Hi my son has submitted his application for residence under the Skilled Migrant catagory.His deadline for submission was 23rd Jan which he met . He has provided INZ with all of the evidence they have asked for but he now wants to strengthen his application by submitting a letter of support from his employer . Does anyone know if INZ will allow him to submit this additional evidence ie given he is now past his " 4 Month" deadline?

Id be most grateful for your comments and thoughts.

The four-month deadline is just a date by which the application must be submitted, or else the ITA will lapse. After that, the applicant can add further information, and is in duty bound to let INZ know about any change in their circumstances. Whatever he sends will be added to his file, wherever it is in the system, and a CO will see it whenever his case's turn comes for some attention.

Thank you very much for your response.
    Can I trouble you with another query regarding INZ fees? My son is a UK citizen and has been in NZ Wellington for 16 months. He has submitted his Residency/SMC application in NZ and according to the Fees Calculator the amount payable including the levy is $2430. Indeed this was the fee quoted on the back page of his ITA pack and the fee he submitted. INZ have contacted him however to say that he needs to pay a fee of $3085. He has paid the additional money but Im struggling to understand why he has had to pay the higher amount. Having looked at the detail of the INZ Fees Guide Im thinking that for some reason he has been asked to pay the Band C rate (Applying from Rest of the World) instead of the Band A rate (Applying from within NZ)? Would you have any insight on the situation ? Id be really grateful if you could shed any light or offer any thoughts.

Sorry, but I have no idea. He needs to ask INZ this question - indeed, he SHOULD ask INZ this question.

Thank you