Thread: Using an emigration company or doing it yourself?

Default Using an emigration company or doing it yourself?

Hi all.
    I will be applying shortly for a partnership visa under the family category. my partner is kiwi and both our children have duel nationality (have their kiwi passports)

My question is how time consuming is it to apply by yourself, no doubt it is easier and less stressful to use an emigration company but would it really be worth using this route as opposed to doing it myself.

I would be interested to hear people's experience's on the applying process and how they found it.

Do it yourself!!! Everything is explained on the website!!!! They don't do miracles, they just steal ur money!!! This is according to my experience!!!!

We did it ourselves for a Residency Visa under SMC. I couldn't see the point in adding another person in the process making the process even longer. At the end of the day I would have had to get the same information and evidence together and supply it to the emigration company for them to give it to INZ.

That said, there were no complicated factors with our case and I can see their benefit for those who are intimidated by the process or have a complicated situation.

I actually enjoyed the process of applying and getting everything together and INZ were very friendly and helpful on the phone. I ended up getting my Residency visa within two weeks of sending off my application.

Many people do the job perfectly well for themselves, and it's more a question of being methodical than of there being anything actually difficult involved, for someone with a 'normal' life situation.

I can see their benefit for those who are intimidated by the process or have a complicated situation.
    That's exactly right.

Thanks for the info, helpful as always.

Quote Originally Posted by philmufc View Post
    Hi all.
    I will be applying shortly for a partnership visa under the family category. my partner is kiwi and both our children have duel nationality (have their kiwi passports)

My question is how time consuming is it to apply by yourself, no doubt it is easier and less stressful to use an emigration company but would it really be worth using this route as opposed to doing it myself.

I would be interested to hear people's experience's on the applying process and how they found it.

... I believe is up to you to make the final decision, but, all the information that you need is online - and there is not double interpretation of NZ law migration.

Some people prefer to have someone to tell them what to do... some others cannot afford the extra help...

I have successfully completed all my visas in NZ...

I would suggest doing it yourself. It takes a bit more effort but unless you have some weird circumstances it should be pretty easy.

The thing I would say is make a list of all the documents you need and for how long they are valid.

Good luck.