Thread: Employment verification issues

Default Employment verification issues

After waiting for a case officer to be assigned for 5 month, a few weeks ago, I have finally received a correspondence from my case officer.
    She requested that me and my employer to supply information and some documents and I understand this is a normal process.
    The problems are the case officer seems very detailed (?) and asks my employer to submit financial report and employer schedule, my time sheet.
    Previously he stated that he would be happy to supply this information but now he has changed his mind and refusing to even reply to the email sent by my case officer. My questions are; will INZ decline my application for not being able to get in touch with my employer? Is it employer's responsibility to respond to INZ email?

I would also be keen to hear from the people who are put in the same or similar situations as mine.

Many employers get worried when asked for the detailed information required by INZ. It IS mandatory as part of supporting your visa application - if he won't answer, you won't get your visa. However, you can tell him that INZ keep such details completely confidential from you. You won't get to know his private business.

The point of all this is that INZ have to satisfy themselves that the company is on a sound financial footing (so they wouldn't be giving a visa to somebody who would find themself out of a job next month when the business crashed), and also that it has good practice with respect to abiding by NZ employment law. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30550.htm and the Note under paragraph b here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30549.htm

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Many employers get worried when asked for the detailed information required by INZ. It IS mandatory as part of supporting your visa application - if he won't answer, you won't get your visa. However, you can tell him that INZ keep such details completely confidential from you. You won't get to know his private business.

The point of all this is that INZ have to satisfy themselves that the company is on a sound financial footing (so they wouldn't be giving a visa to somebody who would find themself out of a job next month when the business crashed), and also that it has good practice with respect to abiding by NZ employment law. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30550.htm and the Note under paragraph b here. http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/30549.htm

Thank you JandM for your swift reply. Much appreciated for your willingness to help me. My previous colleagues were not asked to produce any company financial information or time record so me and my employer had thought all we had to do was to answer the questions by INZ. Albeit reluctant, I hope my employer is able to help me on this, this is the very final step before a long awaited decision is made!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskyinnz View Post
    Thank you JandM for your swift reply. Much appreciated for your willingness to help me. My previous colleagues were not asked to produce any company financial information or time record so me and my employer had thought all we had to do was to answer the questions by INZ. Albeit reluctant, I hope my employer is able to help me on this, this is the very final step before a long awaited decision is made!

Please share your timeline and which branch you submitted the ITA