Thread: Resident visa restrictions

Default Resident visa restrictions

Hi Guys. Me, OH and twin almost 2 year olds have been granted a resident visa and we are leaving the UK in 6 weeks time. I was wondering if anyone could tell me or link me to restrictions and the process of permanent residency from here?

Basically the email says I've got to stay in the job I'm going to be starting for 12 months then prove it with payslips and a letter from the company. That will be us meeting our conditions of residency visa. But what after that? Is it another year of being in NZ before being granted permanent residency? Do I have to work since we have gone over on the basis I have a job as a midwife? Or could my OH work instead?

Do we have to prove our relationship or anything again?

And what about my OH does he have restrictions on how much he has to be in the country? And do I?

Thanks for your help! X

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident There are the regulations for applying for PR, which you can do any time after you have held Residence for two years, and can meet the other requirements. Remember, INZ count BACKWARDS from the date of application when checking the requirements.

Is it another year of being in NZ before being granted permanent residency?
    Yes, at least.
    Do I have to work since we have gone over on the basis I have a job as a midwife?
    No, not once you have satisfied the conditions on your visa. You will have to show INZ your payslips and financial records, as you said, and also be still in the job when you apply to get the condition removed from your visa.
    Or could my OH work instead?
    Yes. Once a resident, with no conditions, you can do what you like (that is legal). Either of you could work at any job (not just a skilled one), run a business, be a student, do nothing (if you could afford it)...
    Do we have to prove our relationship or anything again?
    No. See that page I've linked to for all the conditions - and there aren't many.
    And what about my OH does he have restrictions on how much he has to be in the country?
    No, none.
    And do I?
    You having been the main applicant have to qualify for PR on behalf of your whole family. Again, see that link, and remember INZ count backwards from the application.

Thanks for your help x